Romantic dinner in Granada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for somewhere really special to book for our second wedding anniversary. Where would someone recommend in or just outside Granada? Price doesn't matter as long as it's supremely romantic!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 07:02 AM

How about the parador within the walls of the Alhambra? We had coffee on the terrace/patio there and it was lovely!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 07:15 AM
MHS

We had dinner there several years ago -- fantastic!! Did not need reservations ahead, but it was in early September. They offer a 3 course fix-price menu too with lots of options (or did at that time). Learned about place from this board & it became/remains one of our best European meals. Excellent food & service. Spanish guitar softly playing in background. Tie & jacket not required. Only mistake -- not being bold enough to ask for a souvenir menu! Parador's desk will call you a taxi for return to the town.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 04:30 PM

I second, well actually third, the recommendation of the Parador. Very romantic with that classical guitarist at night. <BR>They won't take reservations, but we've had no problem securing a table on the terrace arriving around 9 p.m. It's a very romantic setting! Yes, ask for a print out of the menu as a souvenir of a memorable evening!
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:47 AM

If you like fish/seafood, I would recommend Cunini, a lovely mid-range restaurant at Plaza de la Pescader&iacute;a 14 (near the cathredral and plaza Bib Rambla). Had a fantastic meal there (delicious home-made ajo-blanco soup - the best I've ever had).<BR><BR>Just to be contrary, my experience of the Parador restaurant is the complete opposite of the above views! I ate dinner there a few years ago and thought it was awful! Total waste of money, really poor quality food, bad service, zero atmosphere... plus we were surrounded by other tourists - there were no Spaniards in sight - not a good sign for a restaurant in my book. In all, we were very disappointed indeed!!! <BR>
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:49 AM

Just found this web link with a review that might be of interest: http://www.travelintelligence.net/ws...s/art_574.html