Reload this Page >

Roman Hotels, Info Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Rebecca

Can anyone tell me anything about any of these Rome hotels?<BR><BR>Donatello<BR>Centre<BR>Kennedy<BR>P rincipe<BR>Villa Gloria<BR>Porta Maggiore<BR><BR>Thanks,

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Rob McCoist

Rebecca<BR><BR>We lodged at the Porta Maggiore two years ago. It's located opposite the ancient gate and is an 'old style' 3 star tourist hotel with a couple of hundred rooms. It's location is OK and it is reasonably close to a metro stop (about 10 minutes walk). <BR><BR>I thought the hotel room was a wee bit run down and needed redecoration. Also, one thing to note is that the hotel sits at a VERY busy road junction and traffic noise is troublesome. If you are not a heavy sleeper then a room at the back of the hotel would be essential!<BR><BR>Rob

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Rebecca

Thank you very much! Since the Porto Maggiore is the only one I have heard anything good about, it will be my first choice. The Kennedy was written up in one guidebook, and it will be second.<BR><BR>Happy travels

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Walter

Rebecca: I just booked the Kennedy yesterday for March. It's my 5th time staying in the southern Termini area which is perfectly safe but not very romantic. The Kennedy is only a couple of blocks from the train station, both metro lines and the outside bus terminal. This makes getting around and back (easy to get a bus to Termini) alot easier. I was going to stay for a 3rd time at a 2* backpacker-type hotel but they went up in price and I didn't think it was worth it. I did at search here and found only positive recommendations for the Kennedy, it's right around the corner from that 2* and only 3 euro more. Many people consider Termini "outside the loop" for sightseeing and it is, but the metro & buses will get you in the loop. For me hotels like the Portamaggiore, Centre and I think the Donatello are outside the loop with limited transport options. If it's not too late, e-mail me ~March 18 and I'll give you my opinion on the Kennedy. Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 08:13 AM
rob mccoist

topping for tony.c