Roma pass not available?

Search

Roma pass not available?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roma pass not available?

Hi....I just went on to the Roma Pass website and there is a message in red that the Roma Pass and PIU are currently not available. Is that just online, do you think, or is there some reason to be concerned that they have discontinued the pass? My husband and I leave for Rome on Thursday evening (very excited), and I'm wondering about this. I tried to buy a pass online last week, and the same message came up. At that time, I figured it was the website that wasn't working, but now I wonder. Also, if they are available, where is the easiest place to pick them up in Rome. We are flying into Fiumicino and our hotel is near Campo di Fiori. Thank you for any information.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 04:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
It only says the Roma & Piu Pass is not available (hasn't been for months) and the website appears to be working fine. Click on buy.
http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=2

If not, you can buy at FCO. Go to the Comune di Roma booth at the airport. They've remodeled since I was last through there so I'm not sure if the booth has moved, but the pass wasn't available at all the tourist info booths at FCO, just the Comune di Roma.
PIT Fiumicino, Aeroporto Leonardo Da Vinci - International Arrival area (Terminal 3). 9.00am - 6.30pm
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Dear kybourbon, Thank you for the info, but now I'm really confused. What hasn't been available for months? Are you saying the pass is definitely available? I will purchase it online today - the website, yes, seems to be working, and I will take your recommendation and pick them up at FCO. Please, if you could, just clarify what you meant by not available for months. Thanks, Sharon
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:06 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You can only buy a Roma Pass, not a Roma & Piu Pass. They are two different passes. The Roma & Piu covered all of Lazio, more transportation, etc. and hasn't been sold since January. I really don't think they plan to sell it again. The Roma Pass is more for the city of Rome, but also includes a few outlying sites such as Ostia Antica and others.

When I purchased at FCO, after you exit through the glass doors at baggage claim I turned to the right, walked down the hallway past stores, up a slight incline and as you ran out of stores the booth was on the left. It may have moved since then.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you.....now I understand. We just need the Roma Pass, nothing combined, so I guess we're good to go. Thanks for the directions at the airport. I'll start with those, and if the booth is no longer there, we'll figure it out.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

BTW, do you think there is any benefit in purchasing the tickets online vs. waiting to buy them at the booth at FCO?
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:51 AM

"BTW, do you think there is any benefit in purchasing the tickets online vs. waiting to buy them at the booth at FCO?"
They may not be available at the booth when you arrive.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

thanks...I went ahead and ordered the Roma Pass online.