Search

Right Eiffel Tower restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Tat
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Eiffel Tower restaurant

I keep hearing about restaurant at Eiffel Tower but warning was "do not mix it with another one which is not THAT you want"
Do you get it ?

Also reservation should be made yesterday and I want to make it. Pricing info or web site would be help a big time.

Thanks
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:19 AM

You want Le Jules Verne NOT Altitude 95.
You will need to have your hotel phone# and need to re-confirm your reservation when you get to Paris.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:41 AM

www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk/pratique/resto/

Web site for both restaurants, phone numbers, etc.

Jules Verne is also a fabulous place for lunch!
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:42 AM

I don't know what the warning was but it could have been in either "direction" depending on whether you were looking to blow several hundred euro on a dinner or not.

Jules Verne is the Michelin 1* very expensive restaurant there. Altitude 95 is a more moderate level restaurant in the tower. I haven't eaten there, but I think you could eat for more like 25 euro a person rather than 100+ euro per person. Maybe somebody else has better figures on that. Jules Vernes is probably cheaper at lunchtime, all restaurants are and some of the really expensive ones can be not too bad at lunch for a special experience (less than 100 euro pp). Just know which one is which.

Here is the web site:
www.tour-eiffel.fr

Restaurants are under Infos Pratiques, they will give you a better idea what they are like. I think they have phone numbers to call for a reservation. I've heard they won't reserve by email even though an email is listed.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:45 AM

Tat, you'll have to explain what it is you DO want. I've seen as many people say you DON'T want Jules Verne as it's too expensive as I've seen say you DON'T want Altitude 95 because it isn't the really special place. So are you looking for the top notch place or the less expensive one?
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Tat
Original Poster

Patrick,
I am already satisfied with the answers above, but I want to explain anyway ...
You know I am a very misteriously build person.
I DO NOT WANT to spend money, I love 'em, I cherrish 'em ... untill I see something that I MUST have or MUST see or MUST do !!! Then I become a different person alltogeather ...
I do NOT want to spend money on food ... period !
BUT let say I walked into place that knocked my sences out and I DON"T CARE how much dinner cost , I WANT TO BE HERE ! - type'o thing.
I think it is woman's thing, or not, I don't know. Noops, I gues, my husband is a cheapo too untill he sees that TV and here we go ...
Is everybody like this ?

I hated the most when they were asking me for how much I want to buy a house.
SHOW ME THE STUFF !!! Then we'll talk...)))))))))))))
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Tat
Original Poster

See, now when I explored Wendy's link I know what we are talking about.

I haven't found significant difference in 2 restaurants looks.
There must be something else that keeps one much more expensive then another, right ? Heights ?
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:37 AM

Tat, I think the difference is in the food & service and the ambiance. Jules Verne has its own elevator, is at the top of the tower, and service is "Black Tie."

Altitude 95 is on the first level, Lunch for 2 w/wine about 65 Euro (it was good), and you have to catch the elevator with the rest of the paying tourists who go up to the first observation deck. It's nice to have a reservation, but anybody can walk in and sit at the bar or be seated at a table if they have room.

Now you have choices -- TGI Friday's or McDonalds.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 11:47 AM

Jules Verne is a gourmet dining experience with a view like no other. Go for lunch--about $150 with wine for 2. There is a prix fixe menu.