Eiffel Tower restaurants

Jan 25th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Eiffel Tower restaurants

I've been trying to do a search on this topic and not getting anything even though I know I've read a few comments in the past. I called the Jules Verne for reservations for an evening in June and was told they are all booked until Sept-Oct. I find this rather hard to believe!!!! This is for a 25th wedding anniversary celebration. Should I try Altitude 99 or does anyone know of a service that books restaurants. I have a feeling that my efforts will not get results. Thanks for any help.
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:37 PM

Hi cheuvront

Try to get a reservation for lunch. That's what we did! Quite a treat day or night.
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:38 PM
ira

Hi cheuvront,

It is not unusual for the top restaurants in Paris to be booked this far in advance. They usually have a quota on tourists.

Ask your hotel to make a reservation for you.

You might also consider Tour d'Argent, Taillevent, Alain Ducasse or Le Train Bleu (not quite the same level of cooking) for that special dinner.
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:46 PM

I had lunch when I could not get a table for dinner. I tried about six months in advance and discovered they were booked as well. Lunch was wonderful. For 4 of us with no drinks it was about $200. That was a few years ago. I can't imagine with the Euro exchange what it would be today. We also were able to get to the top of the Tower after lunch through a back door of the Jules Verne. We all loved it and look forward to returning one day. Enjoy!
Gail
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:16 PM

Try having your hotel book for you.
Bon chance!
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. I called the Altitude 99 restaurant and the girl said they only take reservations 3 months out. She also said I should be able to get into Jules Vernes. So, I called JV again, got a different person and now have reservations for 8:30PM. He said there were no window tables but would try. Does this mean we should give the maitre'd an incentive (money) to be seated at a window? I don't know what the custom is on that and wouldn't want to offend him. Also, is a suit and tie required or just a sportcoat and tie? Thanks again for any help!