Reload this Page >

Eiffel tower dinner

Search

Eiffel tower dinner

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 10:36 AM
jj

Eiffel tower dinner

Has anyone eaten at Le jules Verne or Altitude 95? If so, how was the food , service, and how much was it? I thought it might be romantic to have dinner up there with my boyfriend. Thank you in advance for your time.

Old May 16th, 2002, 11:00 AM
john

We actually had lunch at the Le Jules Verne on the day of our departure back to the states. The food and service was fabulous and it was a wonderful way to end our trip - that fantastic view! And also, because we had the restaurant reservation, we did not have to wait in line to go up to the tower. Enjoy!

Old May 16th, 2002, 11:07 AM
jj

thanks john. how much was the total, if you don't mind me asking.

Old May 16th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Erica

there is a restaurant at the eiffel tower? is it expensive?

Old May 16th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Travis

do a search here for Kimberley's Paris report(at most a day ago), she ate there and goes into detail about it, also later on in the same message when someone else asked about it.

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Ellen

I am sure Jules Verne is very nice. We went to Alt. 95 after sightseeing for the day. I guess the maitre'd did not like my husband's blue jeans and golf shirt (I was in a black dress with black shoes) b/c we were seated in the corner with no view other than the metal construction of the Eiffel Tower. Make sure you get reservations and dress appropriately whatever you do!

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:12 PM
msa

We ate at Alt. 95 last year. The view was great...the food just ok...they do have a childrens menu...was NOT impressed with that at all. Course our kids favorite food is escargot and that was not on the kids menu. Anyway, the dinner was not expensive...but it was worth it to do the touristy thing and enjoy the nightime view. As far as dress...we saw everything...casual, jeans...all the way to suits. The casual dressers definitely looked out of place however.

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Burta

We have had lunch at Jules Verne three times. Each time the service and food have been wonderful. <BR><BR>The problem is getting reservations. I have never been able to get dinner reservations even months ahead of time. So do book early if you plan to go. I don't think 6 months ahead is too soon.

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Lidija

I tried last month to get reservations for dinner at Jules Verne in September and they where already booked up.

Old May 16th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Wendy

jj if you type in Jules Verne to the search bar you will get lots of reviews.<BR><BR>lunch usually needs a 2 week prior reservation, dinner can be 2 months.<BR><BR>lunch for 2 with wine should be around $200 to $300.<BR><BR>

Old May 16th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Peg

We had dinner at Alt 95 last month because Jules Verne was closed for renovation. I was prepared for mediocre food and service and was pleasantly surprised by the opposite. We witnessed large groups being served "tour group food" and I'm sure their experience was not the same as ours. Three of us had dinner and dessert and a nice bottle of wine for $100. With the wonderful view, I thought it was a terrific value!

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Art

We had dinner a year ago at Altitude 95. It was a very nice dinner and our table was at a window with a very nice view. For 2 it was about $65.00 including wine.<BR>

Old May 19th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Jim

We are going to Paris in July. I tried to get a reservation at Jules Verne and was told they were booked till the end of July. A week later I decided to try and get a lunch reservation. This time I was pleased to receive a reply with a dinner confirmation. I'd go for it!

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 08:14 AM
toptop

topping for aileen

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:28 AM
mel

Dinner for two at Le Jules Verne, with wine. How much for two people??? Is it worth it in your opinion?

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:48 AM
Gretchen

If you order the prix fixe menu with a bottle of wine I think it would be $250-300. A la carte will be more.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Melissa

I am sure dinner at Jules Verne is fabulous, but I enjoyed the lunch there--it is still expensive, though. The nice thing about lunch is, you can see the city in clear daylight. Maybe you can save the romance and have dinner at Le Grand Vefour, where Napoleon courted Josephine.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 09:20 PM
mjs

I think the food and service of the Jules Verne is consistent with it's Michelin 1 star rating. The location and view however does take it's cost to a 3 star level.<BR>Cost for two with wine with the fixed price menu was about $180.<BR>I should note that you may eat as well but at much less cost at many places if you eat at Lunch and order the fixed price menus. Lucas Carlton for lunch was much better and about the same price as jules verne on our last visit to Paris.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:44 PM
topper

topping for Julie