Rex or Clothes

Jul 13th, 2001, 02:17 AM
hiho

Rex or Clothes

About a month or so ago, there were all these tedious posting by and about Rex (he is knowledgable, though a bore). Rex is still posting, but there doesn't seem to be many posts about him. Now, we have these ridiculous clothes posts - can I wear jeans in Europe...will I be shot if I wear sneakers in Europe......shorts in Europe?!?!?! ad nauseum, ad infinitum

I don't know which topic is worse...Rex or clothes?

Can anyone provide an opinion????

Jul 13th, 2001, 02:49 AM
Gar

rex just answers, clothes posters are real time robbers.

Jul 13th, 2001, 02:51 AM
anon

HIHO, didn't you post all those clothes questions?

Jul 13th, 2001, 03:01 AM
hiho

anon - Yes I posted SOME of those clothes questions..but only AFTER I saw other similar ones. Mine were for clarification only!

Jul 13th, 2001, 04:09 AM
Protecting Myself

Neither. I've never had a problem with Rex, and I don't care about the clothes lemmings. Oaktown Traveler, however, is like nails on a chalkboard.

Jul 13th, 2001, 04:40 AM
Al Godon

The clothes issue is way overdone.
On your next trip to Paris or London or Amsterdam, look around you. People are wearing all sorts of regalia. Sneakers, blue jeans, vests, shorts, longs, in betweens, hats, all sorts of colors, etc.
If the intent of one's clothing is to hide national identity, then I suggest leaving most of your clothes at home and visiting a department store soon after arrival.
In other cases, I don't think normal western European attire would disguise the fact that the wearer was an American. I doubt that it would in my case. It might for a few minutes, until I said something.
My suggestion is to wear something that will not get you arrested at home.
I know that in Munich, there are people in the English Garden that are unclad to the point that in most American cities they would be arrested. However, they do not usually appear in cafe's in that lack of attire.

Jul 13th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Susan

Love to travel and am into clothes. That means that part of the fun of planning a trip is also figuring out what to take to wear. Having the attire that's appropriate for the weather and the culture plays a part in the enjoyment of the trip. Why not ask the Fodor's folks their opinions -- some very helpful ones have been given here (thank you, Oaktown!). If you don't care about this subject, skip these posts! Nobody's interested in every topic. Read the ones you like and MYOB about the others. If you are actually offended by them, you
got bigger problems than this...

Jul 13th, 2001, 10:02 AM
notmyname

hiho,

You must be a Troll. You responded in quite a smart_ _ _ fashion to a previous poster inquiring about some english tea. Something like "I know how to help you but since I'm not elvira I guess I won't".

Why are you bringing up this drudge now? It has settled down (and good riddance). I recall reading a post once where someone commented that people bring up the kind of junk here that they would never do if they were known. Otherwise they'd get the crap beaten out of them in an alley.

Pardon my rant but after reading the junk for the past couple of days on this board it has finally gotten to me. I wonder if there's a full moon, as I have never read so many ungracious words from what I thought were otherwise "regular nice folks".

Jul 13th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Susan

Here's what's worse:
Dumb postings like yours. Go away & let us enjoy ourselves.

Jul 13th, 2001, 11:35 AM
poetic justice

"about Rex (he is knowledgable,(sic)though a bore).

Well! How dare he or anyone else bore YOU!! Of all the nerve! Can you imagine???

(At least he knows how to spell! I'll take a boring intellectual over a boorish idiot any day.)

Jul 13th, 2001, 11:41 AM
s.fowler

If this is the only choice we have -- I'll take clothes

Jul 13th, 2001, 11:50 AM
anon

Uh - Susan - there are more important things to be concerned about in this world than "being stylish" - you sound like one of those fashion sheep being milked of all the money you have.

Jul 13th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Capo

But anon, being "stylish" is relative. I mean, if there are more important things to be concerned about in the world, then why don't we all just dress in simple, inexpensive burlap sacks and resist being milked of our money by any clothing manufacturers and retailers?

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:07 PM
s.fowler

On the other hand - if the choice is between CAPO and clothes No contest!

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:29 PM
elvira

I think the best option is Capo with no clothes.

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:31 PM
s.fowler

Ooooooooo .. no contest there
But I was in line first

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:37 PM
anon

Capo with no clothes or Capo in a burlap sack? Now obviously this is not relative.

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:40 PM
elvira

Capo's got relatives? A couple of brothers, maybe?

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Sherry

Capo...what have you gotten yourself into or out of?

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:43 PM
elvira

Hopefully, it's out of his clothes and into trouble.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO