restuarants in cesky krumlov

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Karen

restuarants in cesky krumlov

Can anyone suggest a couple of good places to eat in cesky krumlov? Thanks!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Julie

We ate twice at Rybarska Balta Jakuba Krcina. I know--that's easy for me to say. It was a wonderful fish restaurant. My husband had trout and I had eel. Great salads, also good duck and good wines. Small place but somewhat pricier than others in town (but still cheap for what you get and for the overall quality) so you may be able to snag a seat. It's just down the street from the main square toward the river. If you keep going and cross the river then go right there's a small restaurant on the banks of the Vlatava River that has wonderful chicken legs with blue cheese. Sorry I can't remember the name of that one but it was easier than this, just didn't write it down. Enjoy CK. It's absolutely magical.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 07:32 PM
hardy

We ate a very nice meal at a hotel (Restaurant Konvice) there. Directions: if you think in terms of entering the town at &quot;6:00&quot; on a clock, then cross two streets and go left to &quot;9:00&quot;.<BR>As I recall, the venison ragout was $3.50. The Krusovice cost less, but oh, what a beer!

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Leslie

I had an excellent lunch at the old prison, just around the corner from the big public square. I don't recall the name of it, however, the tourist office is quite close, and can probably point you in the right direction. There's an enormous hearth in the restaurant, that is used for grilling the meats.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 06:53 AM
claudia

we ate at a Chinese restaurant on the main square that was very good. I can't remember the name of it, but it was the only chinese restaurant on the square.