restaurants Positano, Capri

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:14 AM
Diana

restaurants Positano, Capri

We are going to Positano next week for our honeymoon. My husband and I are pretty spoiled with regards to good food since we live in San Francisco What would you recommend as a nice restaurant? We are also interested in good bargains.Thanks!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:24 AM
Carol

Our Italian cousins took us to Chez Black in Positano. It is down by the beach so it is quite a hike back up. But the location is terrific, the food was excellent and the ambiance was the essence of what I thought Positano would be.<BR><BR>Congrautlations...you will love Positano.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:35 AM
Jon

The dining room at Le Sirenuse is very nice. Have an apertif on the patio overlooking the sea.<BR>j.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:44 AM
Diana

Thanks so much Carol and Jon! Anyone else? What about casual but tasty places?

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:42 AM
George

Hi Daina,<BR><BR>My wife and I were in Positano last September for our honeymoon and had the absolute most incredible time! You are going to love it! A couple of more recommendations for restaurants would be Da Vincenzo, which is a little ways up the hillside but is fabulous. Not very expensive, and filled with mostly locals. There are tables outside as well with incredible views. Another greaat place slightly off the beaten path is Pupetto. This is a 5 minute walk along a beautiful pathway down along the water to the other Positano beach of Fornillo. The restaurant is right on the water, and the food (especially the seafood!) is fantastic and very reasonably priced. Again, there are a lot of locals here.<BR><BR>Any ways, thought you might like a couple of suggestions slightly off the beaten path. Have a great trip and congratulations!<BR><BR>George

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:47 AM
Marty

Diana: Have your hotel make a reservation at La Tagliata (www.latagliata-positano.it). It is way out of town up on the mountain, but they will send a car for you. Tell the owner that you want him to bring what he thinks. We had about 9 very casual courses for about $35 each. The view is spectacular. Le Sirenuese was very expensive and not very, very good. We enjoyed Max's, also.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 02:26 AM
Jennifer

We just returned from honeymooning in Positano and found Chez Black and Les Tres Sorelles (next door) a teeny bit disappointing. (Although as a friend predicted, the cappucino at CB is to die for.) The food is good, but not transcendent, and the atmosphere is lacking. We live in Baltimore and likened it to Phillips Harborplace, the place tourists go for seafood. Fodors recommends O'Guarracino, near the Il Fornillo beach, which we didn't get a chance to try. We also wish we had tried Le Terrazze, which is past the main beach if you keep walking left from the main square, set high up overlooking the sea (there's also a chi chi bar downstairs) and appeared to be more upscale. Maxs gets recommended and appears to be a little more atmospheric. I'd also take the recomendation to do the dining room at one of the better hotels. If you're going to day trip to Ravello, definitely go to Cumpa Cosimo, which is a real authentic place with wonderful food (not too pricey) and atmosphere in spades.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 08:24 PM
kiki

Hi Diana,<BR><BR>I was in Positano, Ravello, Amalfi and Capri and wrote up an extensive restaurant recommendation list. If you put "kiki" in the search box, it should show up. I dine in NYC and SF often, so believe me, you can trust my suggestions.<BR><BR>Have a great time!<BR><BR>