Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Dublin

Search

Restaurants in Dublin

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Adele

Restaurants in Dublin

Where did you have your best meal in Dublin?

Old May 18th, 2002, 12:16 PM
sab

baan thai, ballsbridge (about 5mins drive from centre of dublin.)<BR><BR>fantastic thai food, VERY reasonably priced for dublin restaurant. great cosy atmosphere, suitable for couples or groups.

Old May 18th, 2002, 12:23 PM
xxx

I never did have a really good meal in Dublin. The food wasn't to my liking. I suppose I'm just too spoiled by restaurants in San Francisco. But I did enjoy the pub crawls.

Old May 18th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Mel P

Have been there three times, and it's hard to find a great meal in Dublin. That said, my best meals there were one at the Clarence Hotel tea room (quite expensive though), this Asian fusion place whose name I forget in a small modern shopping complex off of the square in the Smithfield area (moderate to expensive) and Tosca's, which was a moderate place near Grafton St. but which is now closed. That was about it, although I also have had decent conventional Italian (pizza, lasagne, pasta, etc.) a couple of times at this reasonably priced place also near Grafton. Again I forget the name but I think it was called Bella something... Plus the Bad Ass Cafe in Temple Bar is pretty good for a casual lunch.

Old May 19th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Edmond O`Flaherty

On May 17th I enjoyed a first class dinner at L`Ecrivian in 109A Lower Baggot St. Dublin,Tel. 6611919.French Cuisine and quite expensive.The only one I recognised there was Andrea Corr,a member of a successful group called The Corrs.The top restaurant in Dublin is Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud, 21 Upper Merrion St.,Tel 6764192.It has 2 Michelin stars but is very expensive.

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Amy

Trastavere, in Temple Bar was pretty good, and actually my best meal the last time I was there. Nice atmosphere, very modern. Had great frozen drinks and cheesecake at Luigi Malones. The best fish and chips at Beshoffs. Tosca used to be wonderful, but alas is now gone. Replaced by Nude, a juice bar and fast healthy food joint.