Restaurant suggestion for New Year's Eve in Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that I should book a restaurant in Venice for New Year's Eve soon. Does anyone have a suggestion - mid range to lower - I don't know in $ what's possible? Really, I just want some where that's value for money and good simple food (we've got to economise somewhere!)

Thanks as always,
Judy
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 06:43 AM

Forget it, Judy. It's difficult enough to find a good "mid range to lower" on an ordinary day in Venice. It's impossible to find one on NYE.

This may be hard to believe but many, many Venice restaurants close on NYE. Of the top 40, you'll find only a handful open and each is serving a special pris fix dining "experience." None of it is inexpensive and there's nothing simple about a four-hour, eating/drinking extravaganza.

NYE in Venice is not the time to think about economizing.
Old Aug 21st, 2005, 02:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks nyc. I'm getting the picture now - did a bit of searching on this board since your reply. Since it looks like another expensive addition to the budget, has anyone actually eaten dinner in Venice on New Year's Eve in the last few years and can recommend something nice (not top of the range)?

Many thanks,
Judy
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 04:16 AM

A very nice Restaurant in Venice, Italy, near San Marco Square and also Rialto Bridge is Ristorante Sabrina! I was there in the summer 2012 and i will be there for the New Year's Eve. The prices in Venice for the last day is ... over 300-400 in eur. at Sabrina i will pay 135 eur. Enjoy it if you go in Venice!
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 06:50 AM

I checked the reservations calendars for a few places I was going to recommend - all closed NYE. Best of luck!