Search

Restaurant Recommendatiions in Napflio, Greece

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurant Recommendatiions in Napflio, Greece

Hi,
We're spending 4 nights in Napflio, staying at Leto Hotel, and were wondering if people has restaurant recommendations?
We like casual places but don't mind spending money on good food!
Thanks
Bettina
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM

Bettina, I thnk I've given you some advice in previous posts... you are going in April, right? Well, lots of good eating ahead...

AEOLUS -- My current little favorite find, a SMALL taverna, just 1 street back from the seafront ... to find it you wakl out the RH corner of Syntagma square going toward the water, then at Othonos street before the seafront, look to your ?Right? in that block, on the side nearest the water direction... Jus a small place 8-10 tables outside. Has awonderful mushroom MAin Dish... also melt-in-mouth baked lamb (make sure it's not grilled, but low & slow oven-baked). Serves VERY good Nemean house wine, also a good rose.
Other good ones in that Neighborhood (between square & water)=
Omorfo Tavernaki on Vas Olgas St, Kakanaraki, same street, Taverna Old Mansion (Palio Archontiko) Siokou street, very near. IF it's open in April there's a restaurant just around the pensula point at water level, called AGnanti ... a "white tablecloth" place, more €€ but you can eat mezedes & keep i to €20 or so ... glass front facing sunset, so u can enjoy spectacle AND dinner.
-- On "Restaurant Row" (Staikopoulu Street) 2 reliable ones are To PHanaria & Tavern Vassili -- stick to the oven specialties, baked lamb, rabbit or veal stifado (stew) etc.,
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Thank you travelerjan,
I'll be sure to print this and take it with us!
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 01:39 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We enjoyed the restaurant right next to the public library..KATODON--The name is in the Greek alphabet; I copied in my notes so the T is Theta..it was wonderful.
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 08:04 AM

I will pst the link to our pictures of Nauplion. The third picture is of Ta Faneria taverna. It is just a couple of blocks past the central square hidden down a side alley off of two larger streets.
We ate twice at Faneria. Food and price were very good. We were in early season May and this taverna always had people at their tables while many other tavernas nearby were empty. When visiting a new town we always look for the busy tavernas, this has always been a signal to us that this is the place to be and it has worked very well.
http://travel.webshots.com/album/551991579dJbWvh
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 09:23 AM

BTW that is the same place I also mentioned as To Phaneria -- u will get used to things being spelled 3 different ways!