Rental car in Italy

Search

Rental car in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2022, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rental car in Italy

I am working on booking a rental car in Italy for 6 days. I will pick up and drop off at FCO. I usually rent through AutoEurope and have been satisfied. Since rental car prices are so high now I thought I would check around for a better price. I book a lot of hotels through Booking.com so I checked their car rental price. It is about $171 less than the Autoeurope price. Has anyone had any experience renting through Booking.com with cars? I would rather pay more to avoid any issues later. But at the same time I see no reason to pay more if Booking.com car rentals are OK.
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 07:35 AM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Europe board and tagged for italy
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 09:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Do both prices include the mandatory insurance?
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 12:00 PM
mjs

Before going to Provence last September I looked at Rental cars in Italy and prices were something like double the rates in Avignon. I should also add that those French prices were considerably higher than what we have paid in the past although at different times of the year. I can appreciate your sticker shock. Maybe try Kayak to look at prices?
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 08:18 PM

Booking doesn't rent cars. They're hooking up with somebody else. You need to check and see who their partner is. You're going to end up with an extra layer between you. Both for good and bad.
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 08:20 PM

In the past Autoeurope has matched lower prices. You might want to call them with the price you see on booking.com
Old Feb 6th, 2022, 04:28 AM

It's true - renting a car in Italy is pricey and you're unlikely to get a cheaper deal by booking through another company. If it's any help my tour company has used several different ones over the years and is currently happy with Europcar. They also come out top for quality in a recent survey. However, best value for money currently seems to be SIXT.
Old Feb 6th, 2022, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to you all. I'll try price matching with Autoeurope.