Reload this Page >

Rent Scooters in Capri/Positano?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 11:37 AM
Michael

Are scooters readily available for rent on the island of Capri? Can they be used along the Amalfi coast to travel short distances? (will they make it up the hills)?

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 11:41 AM
todd

I don't think they would be able to climb the hills. Has anyone ever seen them along the amalfi coast?

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 11:50 AM
Fritz

I am also staying on the island of Capri next month and would like to know where I can rent a scooter for cruising the island. Do they rent them by the hour or daily? Where might I find them on the island?

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 11:50 AM
ohoh

We were there this past Spring and an American was killed on a rented scooter on the Amalfi Coast road. I wouldn't want to ride one in that traffic, with buses and lines of cars full of other tourists backing up around curves so that BIGGER buses can go around from the other direction!

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 12:12 PM
Sonya

I would be extremely frighted to ride a scooter on the Amalfi coast. I was terrified in a car last summer and cannot image riding a scooter on that road! <BR>It seemed the locals could do it with there eyes closed. I don't know if they rented them or they owned them. <BR>Never been to Capri so I can't help you there.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 01:23 PM
Spencer

On Capri, try the Hotel Spina in the main square. They have a few scooters for rent. Expensive by the hour.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 02:08 PM
topper

Any suggestions?

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 07:53 PM
az

Michael--Scooters (and motorcycles) on the A. Coast road are only a little less common than pebbles on the beaches below! See Rules #11 and 13 under "Rules for Driving the Amalfi Coast", about 20 posts below this one. Go for it! <BR>az

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 07:58 PM
az

Oops--should have said about 40 posts below.

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 07:45 AM
rex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For an old thread about scooters alog the Amalfi coast. And at the end, &quot;az&quot; refers to topping another thread - - which has this URL:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...mp;tid=1300415

Best wishes,

Rex