Renfe AVE train seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2015, 09:38 PM
esj
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renfe AVE train seats

Hi,

Recently bought train tickets from Seville to Barcelona and when selecting seats didn't think too much, but now I've realised that half of seats are facing backwards and my wife hates it. We bought Turista P+ which allowed us to select seats.

Is it possible to check somewhere if our seats will be facing backwards and if true then change seats? Trip is still 3 months away so hopefully we can change our seats.
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 10:43 PM

For seat chart, http://www.seat61.com/train-seat-plans.htm#Spain. It is likely to be AVE model S100. I presume you ticket says AVEnnnn although you have not posted this info.

I have not seen capability to access my tickets and make changes such as seat assignment. I suspect that is considered a ticket change.

Regarding possibility of seat facing backward, does she hate such seats on AVE trains or are you projecting from her experiences from city buses or trams? Unlike city transits, AVE trains, once it gets going, maintains it speed. If you close your eyes, it would be hard to tell which way the train is going. The outside scenery? They go by so fast it is a blur irrespective of which direction you are going. My wife does not like sitting backwards on lightrails because of constant stop and go. But she does not care on TGV, AVE, THALYS, EUROSTAR, ICE, etc.

Some stations, not on this route, also involve turning the train around, so even if you are sitting facing forward at the beginning, you can end up facing backwards later. Protecting from this kind of route is done by booking seats facing each other across a table. One seat always faces forward.
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 11:38 PM

The train used is the S-102 or S-112
http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/nuestr.../ave_s102.html
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 12:15 AM

No, it's not an S100, on this route it'll be an S102.

Unfortunately, Renfe seem to have dropped the S102 seat plan from their site.

No, the scenery is not a blur, any more than the ground is a blur seen from a plane doing 500 mph at 35,000 feet. But it's easier to take photos when you see the scenery coming than when you see it going!
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 03:57 AM

go early to the station one day to customer service and they will change it for you.
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 01:34 PM
esj
Original Poster

Thank you guys, will not worry for now and might do as lincasanova suggested