Reload this Page >

Relais & Chateaux in Dordogne

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 04:02 AM
Monica

What Relais & Chateaux to choose in the area of the Dordogne for position and comfort?<BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:58 AM
francesca

We had a blissful stay in the chateau de Treyne in August of last year. Rooms, pool food and service were great. The region is full of wonderful town and food and wine. We especialy liked the town of Martel and the Montavel wines. Have fun!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:25 AM
suggestion

I think you will find many discussions of various relais and chateaus on this board. the Dordogne happens to be one of the most throroughly and intelligently covered topics on the Fodors forum. If you do a search for Dordogne you'll get many results and you can sift through to find what you need.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Luis Vernon

Monica:<BR><BR>If you are near the town of Cahors, I'd highly recommend CLAUDE MARCO, about 5 miles north of Cahors in the village of Lamagdeleine, in the Lot Valley. MARCO has one michelin star, and the food is among the finest I've ever had. I dont believe however, that it is a R&C property. It is however, a Relais du Silence property and is all listed in Fodor's Rivage guide: Hotels and country Inns of Character and Charm in France.<BR><BR>Good luck<BR><BR>Luis

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Wayne

If you want only Relais & Chateaux hotels, go to the R&C web site and order a directory of all hotels. It will have descriptions. Of course, once on the web site you can also access information about each hotel.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:49 PM
alice

I stayed at the Chateau de Roumegouse in Rocamadour and it was spectacular! Great views, spacious rooms, wonderful pool and some of the best food I had in France.<BR><BR>- Alice

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:06 PM
Nicole

I review luxury hotels for Cognoscenti Magazine. I was just in Dordogne and can highly recommend Manoir de Bellerive in Buisson de Cadouin. It's also got a 1-Michelin-star restaurant. Superb location by the river. You can see what I wrote about it at www.cognoscentimag.com.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:10 PM
StCirq

In addition to the Relais & Ch&acirc;teaux hotels, don't overlook the Ch&acirc;teaux & H&ocirc;tels de France listings (www.chateauxhotels.com). Similar properties, and there are plenty in the Dordogne.<BR><BR>I've never stayed at the Bellerive in Le Buisson, but I have eaten there a few times, most recently in late June, and I have to disagree with the previous poster - I have found that the quality of the food and service has deteriorated in recent years. The Esplanade in Domme was and is considerably better IMO.