Reload this Page >

registration poll - happy, or not?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:57 AM
curious

sounds like fodors is finally going to do it.<BR><BR>what do you all think about this? do you think it will improve things or not. it should make the anonymous passive aggressive types look elsewhere...

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:01 AM
Grasshopper

I'm thrilled. But the pre-registration link doesn't work.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:11 AM
Larry

What am I missing? I have not noticed any registration fields.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:12 AM
Larry

Okay, so I am blind, now I see...

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:15 AM
Mia

The pre-registration link doesn't work <BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:26 AM
Megan

It's sort of bittersweet. It had to happen because of human nature being what it is today. I'm hoping that it will bring back some of the regulars who have left, but I'm not optimistic about that.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:28 AM
fiona

A definite vote for registration.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:32 AM
Therese

Good idea. Still no link.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:34 AM
who

who says they are?<BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:35 AM
no

You guys amaze me. If you do not want to read a thread because of its incendiary nature...then don't read it...but quit your whining!

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:37 AM
anon

STILL no link

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:41 AM
Meredith

It works now!

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:47 AM
Marilyn

I was really opposed to registration a year ago, but I have changed my mind due to the obsessive nature of some posts. I have no problem with a fierce debate, but it should NEVER get personal. I would hope that fodors would first warn offenders, then ban them from the forum if the behavior contines.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:50 AM
please explain

And what is this suppose to solve. If I reply to a post that I don't like dumb posts about McDonalds, is fodors going to write me a nasty repremand? Why don't they explain?

xxx

Darn, I have to find a screen name now! I'm happy about the registration though, it's long overdue!

fiona

to no more whining<BR>you can sometimes ignore but many nasty posts are in reply to quite harmless questions. While I understand that some genuine posters have a problem with registering I would imagine that most people who do not want to register will not be missed.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:54 AM
Renee

Just registered...this was indeed long overdue. I hope it makes for a more mutually respectful board...a lot of the posts get downright nasty...hopefully, this will alleviate it.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:55 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Its a good thing, but it won't stop questions like ...........<BR><BR>can i drink the water in XXX<BR>sneakers ?<BR><BR><BR>etc<BR>etc<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:56 AM
x

this is sort of like an Authorized biography of someone as opposed to and Unauthorized biography.<BR><BR>The Authorized version is going to sugar coat the person's life because he controls it. The Unauthorized version is going to tell about the Real person whether it is good or bad.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:10 AM
PamSF

I'm for the registration. The link is now working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -