Recommended lodging in Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiancee and I will be honeymooning in London and Ireland in September. Naturally, it's important to me to find nice places to stay for this trip. We will be staying in the following four areas:<BR><BR> 1. Dublin<BR> 2. Western Co. Waterford/Eastern Co. Cork<BR> 3. County Clare (Doolin?)<BR> 4. Galway<BR><BR>I would really appreciate any recommendations for places to stay in these areas. I am interested in hotels and B&amp;Bs in Galway and Dublin, and B&amp;Bs in the other two areas. I am looking for a classy, friendly place at a good price. Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 04:48 AM

We stayed at Cullinan's Guesthouse in Doolin last June, and would go back in a heartbeat. Very nice rooms, and the breakfast was fabulous. (try the lemon/honey pancakes) You can also make reservations for dinner. It's owned by a lovely family, and the husband is the chef. www.cullinansdoolin.com<BR>Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 05:33 AM

Cullinan's gets rave reviews, but books up early. Call them ASAP. I've never stayed there, but there meals are said to be wonderful. The Sea View is another option also bery popular. Book them way in advance also.<BR><BR>Bill
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 07:49 AM

I loved the Hotel Spanish Arch in Galway.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 08:48 AM

Galway - Glenlo Abbey, Galway's only 5 star hotel. Silver service breakfast and top service all round. Well worth the price.<BR><BR>Dublin - Not entirely sure since we don't stay in town but I've heard that the Four Seasons there cannot be beat by ANY Dublin hotel, guesthouse, B&amp;B, etc. We're going to see how the prices are next week and maybe stay for an anniversary night. <BR><BR>Waterford - again, can't help you there but I personally wouldn't mind a night or two in Waterford Castle. It's on it's own island!!!<BR><BR>Norebridge B&amp;B in Inistioge, Co Kilkenny. A beautiful place overlooking the River Nore and Inistioge town. Top rate B&amp;B.<BR><BR>Congrats on your upcoming wedding and enjoy your trip.<BR><BR>Wendy
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 09:30 AM

I stayed at the Trinity Capital in Dublin and found it to be great. It is reasonably priced and centrally located across the street from Trinity College. You can walk anywhere you want to go. (Don't try to drive in Dublin).<BR><BR>It is a new hotel. You can get a regular room or a mini-suite. <BR><BR>When you're in Dublin, be sure to go to Cafe en Sein. It is the most beautiful bar I have ever seen.<BR><BR>Have fun.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 09:55 AM

I have 2 suggestions for you re B &amp; B. I've stayed in both &amp; highly recommend them. Galway- Roncalli House on the shore of Galway Bay. Short distance from city center. Tim &amp; Carmel are excellent hosts. President Clinton's duugther stayed here a few years ago. Very reasonable price. Their email address is:<BR> [email protected]<BR> _________<BR> Killarney- A superior B&amp; B called Applecroft run by Kathy Brosnan. A short walk to pups &amp; city center. Wonderful hostess. Email at<BR> [email protected] OR<BR> Web page at<BR>http://homepage.eircom.net/~applecroft/ <BR><BR>Have a wonderful honeymoon.<BR>
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 07:47 PM

hljlaw,<BR><BR>September in London and Ireland will undoubtedly make for a memorable honeymoon.<BR><BR>If you'd like some tips on quality lodging throughout Ireland, including Counties Clare, Waterford, and Galway, check out the following website:<BR><BR>http://users.net1plus.com/dillon/ireland.html<BR><BR>The site features handy links to the webpages of a good many accommodations.<BR><BR>Best of luck.