COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Recommended "get around travel in Amsterdam?

Old May 31st, 2002, 07:38 PM
Willi

I can't find the best way to get around in Amsterdam!!! Please help me! get back ASAP!

Old May 31st, 2002, 07:40 PM
hint

Crack open a guide on Amsterdam and get a clue, the answer is underneath you, your FEET!! If anything is too far for your delicate feet, then the tram system is the best. Does anyone ever do any research before posting questions?

Old May 31st, 2002, 08:02 PM
Larry

on 5-28 there was a post you could read for a start.

Old May 31st, 2002, 11:54 PM
Judy

Tram #20 circles around all the major attractions both ways from Central Station,cheap,easy and never get lost. You could abtain a free route map from tourist centre.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 03:14 AM
Eddie Nagy

Yes, the best way to get around is by walking. It's a very easy city to walk. It's relatively small and it's flat. If you get footsore, jump on a tram. Have a Strippenkart handy, available in tabacs and other outlets, for such occasions. Get on the tram at the back door and hand it to the seated conductor, who will stamp it for you. It is usually two strips for the one journey. If you are with someone, you can both use the one Strippenkart. Just ask the conductor to stamp it for two people. Couldn't be easier.