Reload this Page >

Darkrooms in Amsterdam

Search

Darkrooms in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:05 AM
curious

Darkrooms in Amsterdam

I keep reading in Amsterdam travel books about bars that have a "darkroom" What in the world are they talking about?

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:13 AM

Well...sugar...its not for developing that great pic you took of a cocktail..but mightly close. <BR>My advice...stay out of them..most in Amsterdam smell like piss. And thats just one more bodily fluid you want to avoid.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Jeff

There are other travel books than Damron's, you know.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:46 AM
European

Darkrooms: rooms in gay bars where gay men indulge in certain practices best left unmentioned on this board...

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:49 AM
not curious

Oh, Ok I am getting the picture. I wont be going to any of those bars. Sounds too weird for me...

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 09:38 AM
xxx

Yea, right &quot;not&quot; curious! Funny you asked about them when the only place you could have read about them was in a discussion of &quot;gay&quot; places. So obviously you are &quot;curious&quot;. You can drop the &quot;not&quot;. None of us really care.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 09:47 AM
curious

I read about them in Timeout Amsterdam guide and in Lonely Planets condensed guide book and in Let's Go Amsterdam guide.and in Get Lost the cool guide to Amsterdam...Would you like the page numbers...

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 10:46 AM
anneka

There are happy rooms for happy men in Amsterdam?! Why aren't there any for women?

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 11:46 AM
xxx

I don't need the page numbers, curious. I have two of the mentioned guides and all I have to do is look under gay in the index and find those references. They are clearly marked as gay places. Don't be ashamed of your curiosity regarding your sexual orientation. There really is nothing wrong with it. Relax.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 12:06 PM
curious

I read guide books from cover to cover and I am not ashamed to read the gay parts too. I was just curious about what a darkroom was.<BR>Thanks to all who replied.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Sjoerd

A lesbian bar in Amsterdam started a dark room for women some time ago. After a while they found out that all the girls where doing in the dark room was chat with each other! That dark room is closed now. <BR>There are about 10 gay bars in Amsterdam that have dark rooms.