Recommendations for hotels/ B&B's Amalfi Coast and Rome in September

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi looking for some hotel/ B&B recommendations for Rome and the amalfi coast for this september. Hoping to stay about 6 nights in Rome and 8 nights in the amalfi coast, staying in either positano or sorrento, with maybe a night or two stay in capri. Looking for something mid price range, comfortable and clean and near transportation. Would it be worth it to stay a few nights in capri or just make day trips there? thanks fo the advice!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM

You need to provide a specific euro figure for "mid price range." That means different things to different people.

Check out Villa Rosa or Villa La Tartana in Positano for budget options (less than 200 euros).
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

around 150 euros is the price range I am hoping for or less. thanks!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:25 PM

LizaMarie,

On the Amalfi Coast - Le Sirene in Praiano

In Rome - Hotel Giardino Rome

Both great locations, clean and lovely rooms, great owners. Very reasonable.

Buon viaggio!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:40 PM

We stayed at a beautiful B&B in Sorrento for 5 nights. Villa Anna. www.villanna.com It is a short walk from the main square and train station and has beautiful rooms, grounds and breakfast. Cost 80E per night. I think it was our cheapest accommodation but one of the best.
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM

We stayed at Hotel Albergo California in Positano which we really enjoyed. It is very reasonably priced, spotless, stunning views, large rooms, friendly. If you check out Tripadvisor & Venere, it gets great reviews. I found it originally in Budget Travel magazine in an article "great hotels of Italy for $125 a night or less". We paid more than that but there were 4 of us and it was peak season.

We did a day trip to Capri and I think it would have been really nice to stay there for a couple nights. We found 4 nights in Positano a little much for us; we just wanted to see so much of Italy that it was a little too much "down time", but it depends on your travel style. By the way, I have never walked uphill so much in my entire life as I did in Positano.
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:50 PM

In Rome, check out the Navona Suites (www.navonasuitesrome.com). Very clean, very comfortable and very convenient located on Via Governo Vecchio, just off the Piazza Navona. We paid 130 euros per night last May, and were extremely happy with the accommodations.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 03:12 AM

I second the recommendation for Villa Anna in Sorrento. We stayed here for 5 nights last Spring and found it convenient, clean, great breakfast and economical.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Cal

The best 3 star bed and breakfast type hotel we have every stayed in throughout Europe is The LaMinerva on Capri...Check it out with Fodors or Trip Advisor and I think you will find fabulous reviews.

Also, if you go to Capri, by all means spend a minimum of two nights and three days.--Don't, I repeat, don't just take the day trip! It's a gorgeous place and a day trip will not capture the true essence of Capri at night.

Happy Travels,

cal
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:02 AM

With 8 nights for the Amalfi coast you should definately stay 2 or 3 nights on Capri. You will have a much nicer experience than just a day trip. IMO it is a bit of a transit though, by the time you get there, take the funicular and get your bags, so I would stay at least two nights. There is enough to do for several days - the blue grotto, Anacapri (be sure to do the chair lift) and just strolling around the island is a pleasure. Sorrento is better for getting around the Amalfi coast - Positano is better for just chilling (IMO) and it is very hilly. Have a great trip!
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Absolutely stay overnight on Capri!!
It was the highlight of our trip to the Amalfi Coast and it is a truly magical place in the evening.

I would do 6 nights Rome, 2 nights Capri and 6 nights Positano.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 07:46 AM

bookmark