Search

Recent Aerobus to BCN Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2022, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recent Aerobus to BCN Experiences?

Hi all,

​​​​​Has anyone had a recent experience using the Aerobus to or from BCN? We're flying home from Barcelona on Tuesday, and my plan has been to use the Aerobus, but recent Google reviews are making me second guess that.

Thanks!
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I used it from Barcelona airport to Gran Via - Urgell, the second stop on the bus route, in late October. I bought a ticket from a manned table set up right in front of the bus, 5.90. Easy-peasy. No problems.
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 09:57 PM

Not sure how a pretty simple, basic, and reliable service could get negative reviews. My wife and I walked from our hotel to Placa de Catalunya at six am in the dark, bought two tickets at the Aerobus kiosk and got on the bus. Two quick stops and half an hour later we were at BCN with hours to spare. Simple and easy.
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 11:34 PM

maybe when you consider the alternative it is more expensive.
This something like 2 Euros
https://www.tmb.cat/en/barcelona/buses/-/lineabus/46
Where as the the airport bus is 6 Euros.
Heads up for the OP. Do not forget you still have to wear masks on Spanish public transport.
Old Nov 28th, 2022, 02:07 AM

Hi Danielle, local here. Aerobus is a basic regular reliable modern cheap and convenient 30' public bus ride, nothing much else to it. These buses serve the airport terminals and the centre of the city, depart every 30' and, as I said, the journey takes 35'. As @Diharv points out, I am not sure how this can get "negative reviews" either. One can’t please everybody of course, but again...

Anyway, where exactly are you heading from? Should you be near a metro line L9 Sud, using this transport can be even more convenient to you. https://www.tmb.cat/en/visit-barcelo.../metro-airport

Last edited by EnricM; Nov 28th, 2022 at 02:11 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EnricM
Hi Danielle, local here. Aerobus is a basic regular reliable modern cheap and convenient 30' public bus ride, nothing much else to it. These buses serve the airport terminals and the centre of the city, depart every 30' and, as I said, the journey takes 35'. As @Diharv points out, I am not sure how this can get "negative reviews" either. One can’t please everybody of course, but again...

Anyway, where exactly are you heading from? Should you be near a metro line L9 Sud, using this transport can be even more convenient to you. https://www.tmb.cat/en/visit-barcelo.../metro-airport
Thank you! It seems as though a few people had rather bad days in the reviews. I had looked at the metro as an option, but from where we are staying in the Eixample, it would require several line changes. I also considered taking the R2 Nord train from Passeig de Gracia, but having to take a shuttle from Terminal 2 seemed like an unnecessary step.

We're only a 10 minute or so walk from Placa de Catalunya, so Aerobus seems to be the best option.

Thanks all for your reassurances!
Old Nov 28th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VANAARLE
Do not forget you still have to wear masks on Spanish public transport.
Yes, thank you for the reminder!
Old Nov 28th, 2022, 11:34 PM
Original Poster

Just wanted to follow up that our Aerobus experience this morning was smooth and efficient. No troubles at all. I would definitely use it again.