Reasonably priced hotels in bologna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in Bologna late Oct/Nov. Anyone have a suggestion for a reasonably priced hotel in Bologna.

Old Jun 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
you asked the same question re Venice -- my answer is the same for both threads: What do you consider "reasonable" ? We need a number to work with . . . .
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 09:47 PM

Take a look to:

www.bebanna.it
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 02:34 AM

Try Hotel Astoria,VVia Rosselli 14, a simple three stars, it has a garage which was ideal for us. A few blocs from the center, at night we took a taxi but walk easily during the day. A block or two there are good restaurants too.
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 04:53 AM

http://www.albergodrapperie.com/ing/chisiamo.htm

Recommended on this forum and in the city center.
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 05:20 AM

I stayed at Albergo Drapperie. Lovely rooms but small, and the shower was so narrow that you were out of luck if you dropped the soap. I don't know if they were the same in all the rooms. The breakfast is not worth the money but it is on a pedestrian street that's overflowing with flower, vegetable and seafood markets and you are a couple of dorrs down from the famous Tamborini deli. Also the store next door to the hotel has the most delectable goodies of all kinds. The room was only 85 euro per night, and that was in January though.
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 08:43 AM

Sandi - So do you recommend this hotel or not...here you sound like you don't but in other threads you sound like you do? Just curious as I'm planning on staying here...bathroom size is irrelevant...location more important to me.
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 09:47 AM

An FYI, I recently (a little over one month ago) booked a short stay in Bologna for early October, and had a VERY difficult time finding ANY place with vacancies. Before you obsess too much about hotels, start checking on availability (Albergo Drapperie was already booked for the night we needed).
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Well, as you can see by all the posts I list the good and the bad about the hotel. I liked the hotel and loved the location but there are some things about it I didn't like...such as the shower and breakfast. Those things may not be important to you, so I would say it would be a good fit. Other people like a luxurious bath or nice size shower and if that's the case, I would not recommend it.
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 09:03 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Roma last summer for 6 nights. Reasonably priced (about 85 euro for a single) and right off the Piazza Maggiore, so it's in the middle of everything. If you travel light, it's walkable to the train station (I'd read that the train station area at night was not the safest, though I never had any troubles arriving in the early evening after day trips out of Bologna and walking to the hotel). Room was small and shower very small. I'd read other posts on other sites that complained about noise, but I had a room with a single window that looked out onto an interior light shaft -- not the most scenic view, but it kept the room quiet. Bottom line: it's realtively cheap, well located, but not the most luxurious place to stay. If all you're looking for is a bed that's convenient to everything, this place will do.