Reload this Page >

REASONABLE Airfares to Nice or London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Ally

My in-laws have just decided to visit a relative in Nice. They also want to see London for 3 or 4 days, either before or after the week they'll be in Nice.<BR>I know there are deals to be had for $400-$500, but those are for coach. <BR>My mother in-law has bad knees (she's had both operated on) so therefore they must travel either Business or First Class, for the extra leg room. Rates I'm finding for this are $6,000 plus, EACH!<BR>They certainly can't pay that, and they don't want to use an auction site, or one of the sites where you don't know what flights you're on until after you pay, etc.<BR>Does anyone know where I can help them find a reasonable fare to London or Nice? They are traveling in June.<BR>Thanks!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Rex

When? They might be able to do something with frequent flyer miles (these can be legally purchased now) - - might get the price under $3000, but you need a lot of lead time or flexibility or both.<BR><BR>Or luck.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:01 AM
I want to smoke

I would like to buy a house with 6 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths, and spend about $50,000. I want to live in Carmel, California or the Upper Westside in New York City. I don't want to go to a government auction or bank repo auction. Anybody got any ideas how I can do this?<BR><BR>Ally, there's no free lunch. Tell your in-laws to either give up the idea of cheap business class, or be willing to rub elbows with the unwashed masses and hit the auction sites. Do you really think those sites would survive if there was another way to get cheap seats???

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Patrick

I'd look at coach class on American with more legroom and more breathing space than any other airline I'm aware of. They can also fly Easy Jet from London (Gatwick or Luton) to Nice. We're doing it for about $50; prices vary according to when you book, see the Easy Jet website. It's only a one hour and 10 minute flight, so comfort shouldn't be a major issue there.<BR><BR>While the above response may have seemed a bit rude, I have to agree. Business or first class is just plain expensive. If they don't have FF miles to use, then they're probably going to have to bite the bullet and pay the big bucks, or give up on trying to go deluxe for a budget price. That's why I suggest American coach which at least is more comfortable, which seems to be the biggest issue.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:45 AM
up

without the price being up there so high...<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Ally

Thanks everyone...except maybe 'I want to smoke', as you were very condesending and no help at all.<BR>Turns out, my brother in law has an agent who is getting them RT from Houston to Nice for $860, with a free upgrage to Business Class. <BR>My brother in-law is a Dr., and it appears he can get some stings pulled, or at the very least has a VERY good friend in the travel industry! Next time I need to fly somewhere, I'm calling him too! Thanks again.<BR>P.S. This is the second time my in-laws have asked for my help with their travel plans, and then said, 'never mind', we found our own deal. Next time they ask for help, I'll just say "Why? You can find your own deal!"

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 12:53 PM
toppers

to the top<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:12 PM
monica

Some consolidators do sell cheap business class airfare. Also not sure if you are able to do this, but I work for a big corporation and we are allowed to use our company travel agent to book personal travel. Business class rates are usually 30-40% lower becuase of the corporate discount.For instance I was able to get a business class ticket for $4,000 for New York to Australia using my corporate travel department.