Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

re the deleuxe double rooms at Casa Morgano, Capri, nice??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all!

Off in a few weeks for Amalfi Coast trip with the gang.

I forgot to ask this question earlier.

We are set for 9 deluxe double rooms with terrace and sea view at the Casa Morgano in Capri for 2 nites of our trip, May 5 and 6th. We opted not to take the jr. suites, although we know they are larger, because we have suites reserved at the Bellevue Syrene in Sorrento where the bulk of the trip is going to take place and for just two nites we'd rather spend our $ on shoes!!!

Has anyone stayed in just a deluxe double at Casa Morgano? Do tell how nice or not. Or any real disadvantages. Not much detail on tripadvisor as to the deluxe doubles. It is also hard to tell from the website which of the rooms they show is a deluxe double. One of them looks obvious to be a jr suite.

Thanks a mil..
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:33 AM

We stayed there two years ago in a deluxe double. Had a fairly spacious room with a very nice patio. We loved the location. Staff was OK, not super friendly but not unfriendly either. I remember the pool area being fairly crowded when we went. Also a vague recollection of the breakfast being so-so but our experience was quite positive (we were there first week in October)
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

thanks!!!

Helpful!
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 09:29 AM

Stayed there in May 2004 and loved it. Very pretty room and we had an amazing view. For an evening out you must go to Taverna Anema e Core. We danced and sang along with people of all ages until 4AM. It was our best night out during the two week trip to Italy.

www.anemaecore.com
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks1

Did you have a deluxe double. Anything else you wish to share. I know about the nightclub and yes we are going there!!!
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 06:54 PM

We had room 304 which I beleive was an oceanview deluxe. The first night we had dinner near the port in a restaurant call da Giorgio on via Roma and went to a great bar/club afterward called O'Guaraccino which was right nearby. We also had dinner at La Campannina before going to Anema e Core. It was fantastic. The hotel is located on Via Tragara which is magnificent. It ends at hotel Punta Tragara and you can follow the trail to the Arco Naturale and the 500 steps or to the beach club at Fagiolini (can't remember the name of the club). We also went to Anacapri and took the ski lift up to the top of the mountain. Anacapri is nice and not as touristy. If I could give you any advice I'd say stay away from town during the day when all the tourist are daytripping. Either visit in the early morning or after most of the ferries have departed. It's another world once they're gone. You are going to love it.