Search

Ravello hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ravello hotels

We need a recommendation for a hotel in Ravello, Italy -- want a room with a view but don't want to spend a fortune. Our travel agent suggested Hotel Giordano which looks fine except it doesn't seem to have any rooms with a sea view. Any suggestions.
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 08:17 AM
kja

I had a wonderful experience at the Hotel Parsifal.
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 08:38 AM

We loved Villa Maria, but that was 20 years ago. It still gets great reviews---excellent food. We got bored after 3 nites in Ravello.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 01:26 PM

We stayed at the Santa Maria two years ago and enjoyed room and stunning room . I doubt if any of the hotels there dont offer a view, however! The dinner food was not so good at the Santa Maria but it was offseason so maybe the chef was away. Ravello is a beautiful serene location and if you like to walk/hike its particularly nice.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 01:27 PM

We stayed at the Santa Maria two years ago and enjoyed room and stunning room . I doubt if any of the hotels there dont offer a view, however! The dinner food was not so good at the Santa Maria but it was offseason so maybe the chef was away. Ravello is a beautiful serene location and if you like to walk/hike its particularly nice.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM
GAC

It's called the Villa Maria, and it is a conoisseur's choice. An inexpensive alternative, across the path from Villa Maria, is the Villa Amore. Both properties have a website.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM

I dont get "conoisseur's choice"? Its a pleasant hotel, one of many, Id suspect in that town, but nothing fancy. sorry for the misspelling. What these hotels have going for them is that they are at the seaward end of the town, past where cows were allowed. You will have to walk up part of the way, since cars do not go up as far as Villa Maria/Villa Amore (cars park at the Giordano). When we were there, crews were repairing the paths using donkeys to carry the supplies. Continuing uphill a few more minutes you will come to Villa Cimbrone - incredible. Ravello is special.