RAVELLO--bus schedule?

Search

RAVELLO--bus schedule?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2011, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAVELLO--bus schedule?

I am thinking of including a few days in Ravello on a Maratea/Cilento/Amalfi Coast trip planned for late September. We will have a car, which we plan to use for daytrips, but may not want to drive that winding road to the coast in the darkness.

We will probably want to have at least one dinner in Amalfi, andn perhaps one in Scala, during our stay and I am trying to figure out if this would be feasible with public transportation. I am hoping that GAC, SteveJames, or anyone else who knows the subject can either point me toward a bus timetable or tell me how late, and how often, the Amalfi-Ravello buses andn the Scala-Ravello buses run at night.

Also, how long a walk is it from Ravello to Scala? Many thanks!
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM

I am not any of the people who asked, but here is the bus timetable:

http://www.sitabus.it/sitabus/campan...A/QUADROXV.pdf
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Greg, thanks so much for that! Do you happen to know if there are additional buses when there is more tourism, ie, in warmer months? Right now it looks as if the last bus from Amalfi leaves at 6:50pm during the week..

Interestingly, the bus takes 5 minutes to travel from Scala to Ravello, so it cannot be too far to walk, unless I am missing something...

I am not sure if I want to eat all meals in Ravello if we stay there for a few nights...would prefer to get out of the town at least a couple of nights for dinner...there is one restaurant in Amalfi that I am keen to try, and at least a couple that sound good in the hamlet of Scala..
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
GAC

Last year's SITA bus schedules through September 19 showed service between Ravello and Scala (and between Ravello and Amalfi) stopping PAST midnight. Even in late September, I believe that the bus service will run through midnight, or thereabouts.

There is no way on earth I would ever recommend walking between Ravello and Scala at night, unless the hapless tourist were willing to risk returning home in a casket. That's why there are buses late into the night during the summer, as well as taxis!
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

OK, point taken! Scratch my idea about walking!! Not ready for the casket just yet.

Many, many thanks for the information about the bus. Taxi price between Ravello and Scala might even be reasonable since they are so close.

In any case, I am relieved to know that we can stay in Ravello and not be "condemned" to eating in the town every night..