Search

Quick stop in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2016, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick stop in Europe

Hi everyone,

Some friends of mine are planning a visit to Stockholm at the end of June. Some of our cities of interest don't match, so I'm planning to visit somewhere for 4 days before meeting up with them in Stockholm afterwards. I have a few cities in mind for 3 or 4 days but wanted to see if anyone can recommend or give feedback to help me make my decision. My options are:

Munich
Zürich
Prague
Berlin
Dublin

I've even considered Paris or London but feel that it won't be enough time

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 04:21 AM

Hi Steve!

3 or 4 days is enough for any of the cities on your list.

The only question is flight arrangements. To maximize your time on the ground, you should pick a city with direct flight connections from your origin, and on to Stockholm. I'm sure that will be no problem for Munich, Zurich and Berlin, but I would check regarding Prague and Dublin.

We were recently in Prague. If you haven't ever been there, or if you haven't been there in a long time, you will be surprised by what a bubbly exciting city it has become.

Other than that, it's up to your personal tastes as to which city to visit.
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 04:25 AM

I think you need to look into easy flight connections between the cities (train to Stockholm would take forever) to help make this decidion.

Cities that I think you can see a worthwhile amount in 4 days are Berlin, Prague (both great for young people) or Munich (the third somewhat less so). Zurich is a business city and one goes to Switz for mountains and while I love Dublin if going to Ireland you really would want to see the countryside as well as Dublin and need more than 4 days.
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 05:17 AM

3 or 4 days in London or Paris is enough to give a flavour of these cities. I know alot of posters always suggest several days for each city but I have never found it necessary. Dublin is probably the least appealing city (to me) on your list along with Zurich. Munich, Prague and Berlin are great cities to visit and perfect for 4day/3night visit. Check Norwegian for direct flights from Stockholm. Don't forget to leave enough time for Stockholm itself as it is a beautiful city.

http://www.norwegian.com/uk/
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 05:44 AM

Agreed: Choose the place with the most convenient travel connection. If you are flying from a different continent, go into one major city and home from another using a multi-destination flight search. For European budget flights, www.skyscanner.com For trains, www.seat61.com
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.. I'm actually flying there from Montreal, so Zurich, and Munich are direct from here, whereas everything else connects in Toronto. It seems like flights from Prague and Dublin to Stockholm aren't the cheapest either, so it looks like Munich is probably the most direct too.

They're all somewhere on my list, so its not like I'd like to see one over the other.

Thanks again
Old Mar 17th, 2016, 07:00 AM

Munich is one of my favourite german cities, I like a lot Prague, I don't like Zurich, never been to Dublin and not long enough to Berlin, which looks fantastic.

I'd say 3-4 adays are perfect for Munich or Prague, it would be short for Berlin, London or Paris.

End of june is perfect time for a visit : warm enough, usually sunny and not a lot of tourists.
Old Apr 10th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

So I've been looking around and asking around and I was able to narrow down ton Munich and Dublin. Just wondering what your thoughts are on either of these cities to help me decide.

I'm not a bit drinker or partner, so although I am looking to taste some local beers but also see some architecture and culture as well.

Thanks again