Quick Seville Question

Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Seville Question

Very excited for upcoming trip to Spain, just finalizing hotel in Seville...down to Dona Maria vs. Casas de Juderia...the one draw for Dona Maria is the rooftop terrace (state of rooms concern me), but otherwise Juderia seems a little nicer. My only concern is that I've read about ants/bugs in rooms at Juderia, has anyone else run into this? Also, are the rooftop terraces accesible to non-guests at the hotels (ex : Dona Maria) ? I'd be willing to hear any other suggestions, but these two look pretty good.
Thanks much!
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Have you considered Casa de los mercadores: I stayed there for 5 nights last April. In my opinion, it's better located than Juderia (don't know the other hotel). Great rooms, lots of cachet, near the Ayunamiento and Santa Cruz, a stone's throw from Plaza Nueva. I recommend it.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 08:23 AM
kja

I stayed at the Casas de Juderia some years ago, and couldn't have been more pleased! The location suited my purposes really well, and I found it quite charming. I can't say enough good things about the staff, who were wonderfully helpful. It has been a few years, though, so conditions could have changed. Hope that helps!
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:38 AM

We stayed at Casas de la Juderia a couple of years ago. If you follow the maze of stairways, you will end up on the roof. I don't remember if there were any chairs, etc. up there, but it does have an interesting birds-eye view of the area, including the Cathedral in the distance. We were quite happy with the hotel itself, the only thing we had any 'problems' with were the hard pillows on the bed.

Enjoy Sevilla - I'd go back there in a heartbeat if time and money permitted.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:41 AM

I remember climbing all the way to the TOP of the tower in Seville and looking down at the pool on the roof of the Dona Maria (which is about as close to the cathedral and the Alcazar as you can get) and thinking how great it looked.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:38 PM

Have you checked out tripadviser.com? I've heard negatives about Dona Maria and mostly positives about Casa de Juderia, but haven't stayed at either, but I would think between here and tripadviser, you should have enough information to make a good decision.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 06:27 AM

look at venere.com or sevilla5.com
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 07:08 AM

We stayed in Juderia a few years ago and thought it was absolutely gorgeous. Didn't have any problems with bugs or ants. Enjoy!