Quick Prague Visit, Need suggestions for hotel and sites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2019, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am visiting Prague for 2 full days in February (brrr). I am hoping for help with the following:

1. Hotel, looking for something in the center of the action. Old town? probably around $150 a night or so. a bit flexible on this but dont want to spend too much but want a nice clean place. I was thinking of this one: Century Old Town Prague - MGallery https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...ry/index.shtml

2. Sites. Wide open on this. I havent even begun to look at the sites. what are the top ones I should hit given our limited time?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21st, 2019, 11:19 AM

That's a top luxury hotel, are you worried a hotel will be dirty if it's not a 5* hotel? If it's in your price range, go for it, I always like Accor hotels. I wouldn't worry about hotels being dirty unless real cheap. Yes, Old Town is the center of action. I really like the HOtel Pariz but it's probably a 5* hotel also, and it is a bit more than US150 in February, But that Sofitel is very nearby, that's a very convenient location.
this is the one I like
https://www.hotel-paris.cz/en/?utm_s...medium=organic

for 2 days, do castle complex, Old Town square area, old Jewish history trail, a museum or two to your taste, maybe St Nicholas in Mala Strana.
Old Oct 21st, 2019, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by kbrpnr
I am visiting Prague for 2 full days in February (brrr). I am hoping for help with the following:

1. Hotel, looking for something in the center of the action. Old town? probably around $150 a night or so. a bit flexible on this but dont want to spend too much but want a nice clean place. I was thinking of this one: Century Old Town Prague - MGallery https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...ry/index.shtml

2. Sites. Wide open on this. I havent even begun to look at the sites. what are the top ones I should hit given our limited time?

Thanks!
#2: please at the very least provide your interests. I can list every "main attraction" but without knowing more about you, it may be moot. Go to the destinations tabs at the top of this page for those. For a more detailed description for you, give us more info about you.

In general, the castle complex takes a full day, Old Town and environs another day - in general. You will be running up against shorter days and potentially poor weather.

Cannot comment on #1 haven't stayed there. Consider checking Booking.com and their reviews (which require a person to stay there to review).

Are you already in Europe prior to or after those 2 days? If your 2 days are part of arrival from plane or even by train, keep in mind logistics to check in/out hotel could take up some if those 2 days of sightseeing. Travelers often underestimate how long that process takes. Just food for thought.
Old Oct 25th, 2019, 09:58 AM

We stayed at the Pod Vezi and really loved it. Great location, we walked everywhere. Great breakfast. Excellent accomodation - very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend it.
https://www.podvezi.com/
Old Oct 25th, 2019, 04:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We've stayed at the Dominican Hotel (formerly the Hotel Savic). It's very near Old Town Square and the Charles Bridge and still gets great reviews.

I agree that the Castle complex can fill an entire day. Maybe more than a day in February when daylight and temps/weather might shorten your outdoor sightseeing. There are a number of museums in Prague, but I don't know which ones would interest you. We enjoyed the Mucha Museum and found the Museum of Communism pretty interesting. The Pinkas Synagogue is a memorial to the Holocaust and extremely moving. I love town clocks, and Prague's astronomical clock in Old Town Square didn't disappoint. We enjoyed just walking around, seeing the architecture. Two days isn't much time for Prague.