questions about about ryan air

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at flights on ryanair.com, and one day they were real cheap, and the next day they were ten pounds more or so.... I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they lower and higher each day..or if they'll just stay this price and get higher...and I should book while they're "low".
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:08 AM

When I was watching Ryanair rates for a summer trip, I couldn't find much rhyme or reason to to them. In general, for the route I kept checking ( a London - Italy one), it seemed a bit like Russian roulette. If you book too far in advance, you pay high rates. The closer to departure, the lower the rates. However (!), you play guessing games as to when the flight will become fully booked, leaving you high and dry. Or, they may have a cut off when only a few seats are left, and raise the prices for awhile. Then put them into the lowest mode when departure is imminent and the flight isn't sold out. I went through this in booking (separately) both flights.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:35 AM

When you find a fare you like, grab it.

Check one or two days on either side of your desired date - we went London to Dublin (March 2000) for 4 pounds (plus tax). If we had gone either a day before or after, it would have been about 40 pounds plus tax.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 04:20 PM

Hi There, Ryan Air does change rates quite often. I finally just booked and quit worrying about 5 or 10 GBP-decided it was not worth the worry. One caveat---when flying from London to Shannon, the luggage did not incur an overweight penalty, although it was about 20 pounds over. From Dublin to Aberdeen, we were charged for the same weight. When I asked about the discrepancy, I was told it is up to the gate agent whether or not to charge. Doesn't seem very fair, does it?

Have you noticed how most of the Ryan Air hostesses and gate agents are about the same age, build, hair color and all had hair back in a "bun". Is it a requirement for employment?
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 12:28 AM

GMIN

When I flew Cathay Pacific from Japan to London I was charged for having 15 kilos too much luggage on the Japan-HK leg. On the long haul section I had even more luggage as I had acquired things in HK. Instead of charging me extra Cathay upgraded me to business class so I had an extra baggage allowance. That doesn't seem very fair - why did Cathay at Narita not upgrade me and charge me instead. I am just glad they were nicer in Chep Lap Kok.