easy jet airline

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easy jet airline

I am flying to paris from london on easy jet airlines. Has anyone flown this airline and is it a nice airline to go on?
Mike
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:31 PM

we used easy jet 4 times on our honeymoon and found it more comfy than our overseas flight! They do not serve anything, you pay a fortune for drinkns and snackd, but we didnt need anything for the short flights. They also dont assign seating, so the people that check in first get first pick of the seats...we had no problem sitting together. Will definately fly with them again
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:50 PM

Along with Ryan Air (particularly for London to Dublin by the way, but also into Eurpoe), they're very popular in the UK. We've flown with them to numerous places in Europe.
Did you book online or by phone? (In case you didn't know, it's a bit cheaper to book online with both of them).
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 09:01 PM

EasyJet is very strict on luggage weight limitations. Have had to pay $80 additional for overweight luggage.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Ada

I've flown it twice, and had no problem with it at all! Nice and cheap!
Our bags were overweight, but we didn't get charged! I've never different things, so depends on your luck really!
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 04:41 PM

1. check their website for carry on limitations (more strict than US airlines, similar to British Airways and Qantas).
2. check their website for checked luggage limitations.
3. check in at least 2 hours ahead of time, preferable 3 hours. Do not cut it close by checking in 1 hour ahead.
4. do not book connecting flights on Easyjet because you may miss it. It's ok if you allow 1/2 day to connect.
5. bring your own food AND water unless you want to buy it. bring your own newspaper and magazines, too.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 04:49 PM

Hiroshi,
Why the 3 hour check in? What has been your experience? We will be using Easy jet twice in Sept. out of Gatwick and out of CDG.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 04:54 PM
dlg

We have used them many times to get to Edinburgh from Amsterdam or London and to get to Nice. Prices are more reasonable the earlier you book. Three hours is not necessary, in fact, they don't open the check in for the flight until two hours before.
If you have a transfer, even on another easy jet flight, keep in mind you need to pick up your luggage and check in again. They do not transfer the luggage nor check you in for your next flight, so plan enough time. THe flights are usually on time, only problem with that has been when a passenger has checked in baggage and not boarded. We continue to use them because of their prices.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 04:58 PM
AR

Went EasyJet recently and they didn't open the flight until 2 hours before departure. Have they changed policy in the last few weeks? I know the major carriers are now telling people to check-in 3 hours prior to departure due to stricter security. No more - "Did you pack your bags yourself or did a terrorist do it for you?".
One thing about EasyJet in CDG - They use Terminal 3 where the facilities are sparse to say the least.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 11:04 PM

The last time I flew Easyjet I was told that check-in closes 30 minutes before departure so unless things have changed that should be the case. Check out their website to make sure. Just flew Ryanair Stansted-Prestwick and the check-in closed 40 mins prior to departure in London and 30 mins at Prestwick
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 01:09 AM

Always found them as good/punctual as regular carriers.When booking online, many of these companies charge extra for credit card transactions - use Switch to avoid this.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 06:29 AM

Does anyone know if they do fly out of Paris to other European cities or it's only out of London?
Thanks.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 07:04 AM

They fly from many cities...check their website...www.easyjet.com They definately fly out of Paris.

Jamie
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 10:08 PM

I flew Easyjet round trip from Paris to Nice. Service was good and on time, and could not beat the fare. Had a relatively new 737 (737-800) each way.

If you fly Southwest in the US, you will be very familier with the model Easyjet and others like Ryan Air have in Europe.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 11:05 AM

You might be amused by this from a weekend columnist in The Guardian today:

A richly satisfying moment for any victim of EasyJet. The airline has been running an ad showing a pair of breasts encased in a bikini top. The caption is: "Discover weapons of mass distraction... lowest fares to the sun."

It seems to be a bit of a niche market - men who go on holiday only to ogle big breasts, but presumably they know what they're doing.

The Sun, our new paper of record, put its investigative team on to the job of finding out whose were the breasts. They turn out to belong to Vanessa Upton, a former topless model. She'd forgotten the photo shoot and did not even recognise her own bosom.

And here's the good bit: Ms Upton really hates the airline. She's got a villa in Malaga, and the Sun quotes her as saying: "I've lost count of the times they've doublebooked the flight. More often than not there are delays." How perfect that her boobs have blown up in EasyJet's face.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 04:06 PM

When we flew them two years ago out of London to Belfast they were at least an hour late. Never did find out what was the reason. Other than that no complaints.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 04:27 PM

I've flown easyjet several times, and have no complaints. But I would never use them for flight where I was connecting from another flight. Easyjet will not put you on another flight if the earlier one is delayed.

spacea-fights to Ireland and Scotland are at the bottom of the totem pole at all London airports. I've lost count of the times my flight to Belfast was late leaving London. Sometimes they like to make up stories like no planes can take off because of ice on the runway. It's always fun to hear them say that while you literaaly watch other flights take off. But usually they don't bother making excuses, as in your situation.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:00 PM

Zippo, what is "Switch"?
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Sylvia

I'm not Zippo, but a switch card is one that takes the money immediately out of your bank account, unlike a credit card where you get a bill at the end of the month.