Reload this Page >

Question Regarding Continental's Frequent Flyer Program

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Vita

OK, I tried posting this before. <BR> <BR>I recently signed up for a visa card that applies mileage toward Continental's Onepass frequent flyer program. However, I've read some posts concerning problems that some people have had using their miles and was interested in hearing from others who have used this program. <BR> <BR>I wanted to use a credit card that applied miles toward one FF program as opposed to one that could be used toward any program. I also wanted a visa card as opposed to American Express. American Airline's program didn't seem to offer partners that I would be likely to use. Continental's program seemed to suit me best and the annual fee is lower than some other cards. <BR> <BR>However, none of this means anything if I can't use the miles. I'd be interested in any experiences, good or bad, that people have had with Continental's program. <BR> <BR>Thanks to all the people that answered my questions in other posts.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Bill

Vita, check the following website. It has the best info on Continental OnePass. <BR> <BR>http://www.flyertalk.com/milesfr.shtml

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 04:32 PM
bettyk

Wanted to use miles last year for a trip to Hawaii in November. Since I know Hawaii is a popular destination, I called Continental in February and had no problem at all getting a free ticket. I was amazed at how easy it was. But, like I said, I booked 9 months ahead. I know some people can't always do that.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Gina

We used OnePass miles for our trip to Alaska last July, upcoming trips to Costa Rica in January and first class tickets to Paris in April and on Air France between Paris and Athens in May 2002. We do travel often so we accumulate many miles this way but most of our miles come from charges we make to our Visa and Master Card with Chase Bank. It is very important that you pay your balance every month otherwise all those miles won't be credited to your OnePass account. <BR>If you request your tickets a few months in advance you won't have any problem. Good luck and try to be flexible with your dates when getting your tickets.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 05:18 PM
Jason

Have had no problem using my One Pass miles to obtain tickets to Europe and/or Business First upgrades on Continental. However, I do try to reserve seats as far in advance as possible (for example, reserve flights to Europe for the summer of 2002 before the end of November 2001). Also I am flexible with travel dates.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 03:59 AM
Vita

Thanks, all. Is the need for reservations months in advance unique to Continental or is it the same for all frequent flyer programs? <BR> <BR>Bill, Thanks for the Web site.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 04:41 AM
Joanne

Vita, all airlines limit the number of seats on each flight that can be purchased with ff miles. So the longer you wait, the greater the chance that those seats will be gone. Flights to popular vacation destinations, like Hawaii, go especially fast. <BR>

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 06:22 AM
JL

We had no problem booking a trip to Italy this fall (before September 11). There are, however, certain blackout dates you can check n the website or ask about by calling OnePass information. I also fly Continental a lot on business and thnk it's a great airline.