Question re: comfortable parking in the 16th arr. of Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be driving from St Cloud through the Bois into the 16th arr. of Paris on a Saturday in July this year. Although I have driven a lot within Paris and enjoy the experience, I try to avoid parking on the street or in the public garages, opting to pay for private parking in a hotel garage or similar places.

I will be easing into the 16th and leaving the vehicle for the day/evening, and going back to St Cloud around 8 pm. Would appreciate any specific suggestions re: hotels or other places that might allow a non hotel guest to pay for parking in their garage or lot for the day/evening, not overnight.

I will be concentrating on the area withing 6 blocks of the Place Victor Hugo, and of course, want to avoid getting within a block or so of the Etoile. It is so easy on the weekend to pierce the veil of Paris through the Bois into the sixteenth arr., but parking is always the deal.Thanks for any info you might send my way.
Old May 16th, 2008, 05:35 AM

http://www.vincipark.com/appli/wvncp...dex_paris.html

See if you can find a lot or garage to your liking...
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:14 AM

There is a garage next to the Citadines Trocadero that I think has public as well has hotel guest parking.
It's very easy to get to--just head down Ave. Raymond Poincare (about halfway between the Marriott (formerly the Sofitel) LeParc and the Place du Trocadero, it's just a few yards in on the right (coming from Place Victor Hugo).
Here's a map to the lot. It may be the St. Didier lot in the link from Travelnut as I think I remember the Vinci sign at the entrance to the lot (if not, Vinci's Place Victor Hugo lot looks like a good bet):
http://www.citadines.com/en/france/p...pCategory=1550
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Travelnut and BTilke for the contacts/info. Since this is a good area and they have surveillance cameras, perhaps it is fine to park in this public lot. I will be using a vehicle of a friend, and I want to assure that I do not lose it!

Looking at the Vinci and Citadines web sites and Google-Mapping them, they are several blocks apart. Perhaps the Citadines reference to private parking refers to the Vinci. And if Citadines has private parking, I assume that anyone can pay to park there, but?

As with links, so goes info on this site, and most of the time, "other" info appears in a posting/responses that is quite informative. I have stayed several times in the past at "Sofitel Le Parc", however not in the past several years. Now, BTilke mentions in passing that it is a property of Marriott. It was wonderful to stay there in the past, and I know that Marriott has a very good track record. Certainly their place at CDG-Roissy is very good, and I have used it from time to time. I hope that Le Parc has maintained the excellence. It anyone has stayed there recently under Marriott management, please consider providing a short note on the experience. Thank you all again.
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:15 AM

For most of our stays at Sofitel LeParc, we drove there. Their 24 hour valet parking service actually cost less than the Vinci 24 hour rates--it was nice to be able to pull up to the hotel's door, hand the keys and luggage to the bell service team, and still pay less than for hunting for a public garage and schlepping our luggage to the hotel.

(Vinci's Place Victor Hugo lot is several blocks away from the St. Didier Citadines lot, but I think the St. Didier Vinci lot is closer...for some reason, the map part on Vinci's St. Didier lot page wouldn't open up.)
Old May 16th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

BTilke, thank you sincerely for your responses. I am now directed rather than confused.
Old May 16th, 2008, 08:55 AM

Would you consider parking down in the Autueil section of the 16th? It empties out more than the Trocadero area in July, so parking should be easier there. But given that it's still in the 16th, probably just as expensive ;-)
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Actually, this is a trip that will center on the Place Victor Hugo, and spread from there, so the suggestions are perfect, and the valet suggestion at Le Parc is valuable also...

I rarely visit Paris for just the day, but am staying in the Ville d'Avray area on purpose, in order to have a vehicle and travel the Seine, and down to Chartres, etc...I thought I would visit Paris for the day, to check out some wine/champagne places and some hotels...as well as some restos in the immediate area...have not been in the 16th for two years, and will be back this October, perhaps at Le Parc...thanks again for your time and effort.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 03:33 AM

I have checked out the above & am myself going to Paris in 2 weeks & now find myself worrying about parking.

The apartment we booked is on Rue Fontaine 9eme by Moulin Rouge. It was advertised with on street parking & I was led to believe there would be a residents permit for our weeks stay.

I have tried the vinci site but couldn't access the car park at Haussman nor work out the price for a week.

The British embassy site gave me a garage on Rue Mansart - 138 euros for the week. Parking meters are 2 euros per hour & would work out to more than that plus the obvious risks of bumper damage.

Do I have any other options for parking. Is it cheaper to park at a rural station & leave the car there for the week (& will it still be there).

I am staying overnight at Berck Plage on the Friday before setting off for Paris.
The following week we are off to a house near Nantes.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 03:50 AM

When we split our German trip up with a week in Munich, between drives for me to meet "the family", we simply returned the car to the agency and picked it up again.
Seemed so easy that way.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 04:11 AM

I am driving my own car from Liverpool to Paris.

The property owner has now said the parking is free & for 10 euros there is a permit that allows parking anywhere in Paris. As all Parisiens will have left the city in July there will be no problem in parking on Rue Fontaine. Tour de France finishes in Paris on the Sunday we are there so I am a bit wary of this claim.