Public holiday Prague 17 Nov

Oct 24th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Public holiday Prague 17 Nov

What is open and closed on a public holiday in Prague - 17 November. Museums/ shops/ public transport etc? The castle appears to be open according to its website...but not sure what else to expect.
thanks
Oct 24th, 2014, 05:41 AM

you won't notice anything ,every place will be open, some offices and buildings may be closed but nothing that should affect you. the city might be a bit quieter over that weekend as many folk will take advantage of the long weekend to go to the country before the ravages of winter set in.
Oct 24th, 2014, 07:23 AM

We'll be there at that time too so good to know it should be business as usual.
Oct 24th, 2014, 08:41 AM

I've never heard of any city that closes all public transportation on holidays (especially minor ones), except London. I think there they close the tub on Christmas or something, which I"ve never heard of anywhere else. Cities do usually have reduced schedules for metro/buses/trams on holidays. They even run public transportation on Christmas in Prague.. The only thing usually closed on holidays like Nov 17th are banks, offices, etc.
Oct 24th, 2014, 11:44 AM

I am actually back in Prague on the 31st october till 7th November. I have often been in Prague during major holidays and unless you are doing something involving local goverment or sometimes banks then you just don't notice the difference.Sometimes the public transport runs a sunday service but even that is brilliant,might mean a tram every 10 minutes or so instead of every 5 minutes.
Oct 25th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Happy to know the holiday won't change our plans. Actually I have been in places when a public holiday closed all the shops on the day I planned shopping...and when public transport is off or greatly reduced. Glad that Prague isn't one of them.And we don't need banks and offices. Thanks again

Search this Thread