Provence transportation maps

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 02:49 PM
karrie

Provence transportation maps

Hi,I am hoping to travel to France in the fall of 2003.I plan to spend a few days in Paris and several in Provence.Does anyone know where I can find route maps for buses and trains around Provence? Do any of the guide books provide this information? I have searched the web for maps but have not found what I am looking for.Thanks.
Karrie

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Pat Klontz

Rick Steve's book on France gives some info and a small map. Maybe this response will bring your question back to the top for help. Have you ruled out a car? I tend to be somewhat timid about driving, but apart from Nimes, driving around Provence wasn't bad as long as we didn't try to drive on into the walled cities where parking was uncomfortably tight and sometimes nonexistent. PJK

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Christina

I don't think you're going to find detailed maps like that on the internet. I believe Thomas Cook sells rail maps on their web site, along with their rail time schedule. I think it is not likely you will find a bus map online for Provence. Here is a good URL that gives some bus schedules in Provence, however
http://www.provencebeyond.com/travel/bus.html
-- it was the only one I've ever found. That web site is excellent for all kinds of Provence info BTW (www.beyond.fr). In fact, I just looked at it to get that URL and noticed that it has pretty good maps of rail lines on it, so you might want to check that out -- just go to the "maps" section. It has some other good maps, also.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 06:33 AM
yyy

ttt

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Melissa

Hi I too am looking for rail info for Provence. I don't think I want to rent a car so hopefully this is doable.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 07:39 AM
xxx

Fodors has published a book"France by train" quit helpful on planning. For buses routes, I find Rough Guide and LP good( such as the routes from each points), but they don't provisde any buses maps.

The frequency of buses in Provence varies a lot from school days and non schools days,it is better to plan accordingly.