provence in august

Nov 12th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

provence in august

I know this is early, but we are planning a trip to Provence in Aug 08. I just read that this is not the best time to visit Provence (heat, tourists...). Any advice on this? Also, we are looking for a villa with pool that accomodates 8 adults (for a reasonable price). If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

Nov 12th, 2007, 06:27 AM

Yep -

Provence in august is hot and filled with tourists. Actually, most of the tourists (Europeans) are here in August precisely because it is hot. The heat is very dry, however - and tourists aren't ever really overwhelming except for some spots ont he coast and a few very popular villages and markets.

As for suggestions for a villa - Provence is a pretty big place - if you want specific ideas, you need to narrow down your location. Also, what do you mean by reasonable price?

Anyway, try the usual web sites for ideas - (vrbo,gites-de-france,homelidays, etc) - there are loads of choices.

-Kevin
Nov 12th, 2007, 06:57 AM

If you want to rent a villa for 8 with pool in Provence, it's not too early to start looking. It may be too late.

Stu Dudley
Nov 12th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I guess we were looking around Gordes or Aix. We were in Siminae de la Rotonde last year for three days during lavendar season-AMAZING.
We will have acar and plan on doing hiking, markets, sight seeing, good eating too..
Nov 12th, 2007, 09:35 AM

Houses sleeping 8 or more with pool in Provence are the first to book, especially if they are a good value. July and August are the most popular months so if this is something you really want to do, you really should formalize your plans right away. Come January, all the good ones will already be taken, that is, if they are not already... Good luck.
Nov 12th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Moise -

For the area around Gordes, I'd recommend getting in touch with Paolo de Paolis, who has a great web site http://www.tiny.cc/tkpPI - with lots of very nice villas listed. Paolo is very professional and I am sure will be able to help you out.

-Kevin
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Look at the rental reviews on www.slowtalk.com. There's lots of information there. I highly recommend this villa: http://www.villavacations.com/france...ulacprop.shtml

It's on the outskirts of St. Remy and is perfect for 4 couples, with 4 bedrooms, each with their own bath. St. Remy is centrally located for touring Provence, better so than either Aix or Gordes.
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:35 AM

That is a very nice property but not what I would call "reasonably priced". A client of mine booked it from July 26-August 9 so it is available as far as I know starting August 9. 2 week minimum. It is cheaper here http://villeetvillage.com/property_detail_PR320.htm