Provence Area flights back to New York

Old Aug 19th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Provence Area flights back to New York

Hello all...can anyone recommend best route back to New York. We are going to fly into Paris and stay there for a few days before taking the train to Avignon. We will probably base ourselves in the vicinity of St. Remy but not sure. I see that Nice has a direct flight back to New York and I'm just wondering if that would be my best bet.

Thanks very much.
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 06:41 AM

That DELTA flight is your best bet. It doesn't depart too early and it does not arrive too late in NYC/JFK.
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM

That's the flight my friend and I determined was best for us when we went to Provence/Riviera from NYC awhile back. We flew in and out of Nice, though, mainly so we wouldn't be tempted to stop in Paris (again)! I can't remember why we ruled out Marseille, but I believe that flight wasn't non-stop - hard to beat that.
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM

It depends where you are going to be. I've flown back to US from both MRS and Nice, just depends where you are, that's all. I don't know about JFK, I always have to change in Paris anyway to my destination. Not sure it makes sense to try to get a nonstop (assume that's what you mean) if you have to spend time and money and a day of vacation to get to Nice.
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much. As it turns out we are flying in and out of Paris because we are using miles for one ticket and that was the only way I could do it (Nice return was all taken). Thanks for your help.