Protests during Brexit week

Old Dec 24th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Protests during Brexit week

I booked a trip to London the week of Brexit. Flying from the US, I am not concerned about flight issues. I am concerned about protests since March 29 is during my trip. Could the protests get so large that area attractions such as Tower of London, Kensington Palace and others close along with restaurants and businesses? We all saw the Paris protests which are a different type of grievance.
Old Dec 24th, 2018, 10:55 PM

Sorry, but nobody can have the faintest idea.

We do not know what the outcome of the present parliamentary deadlock will be, nor therefore how different people will react, nor whether extremist bandwagon-jumpers will have any effect.

All anyone can say is that there has been no sign of the kind of trouble you're thinking about in recent marches and demonstrations. Usually, you could be a few streets away and not notice anything out of the ordinary.

Indeed, I was in Paris over a weekend ten days ago, and although some places and metro stations near the demonstration route were closed, and it took a long walk to get into a "normal" area, there too you wouldn't have known anything much was happening.

​​​​
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 01:06 PM

No one knows and the week you mention may or not be the important week when stuff happens, if it happens. Welcome to democracy.