Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

AirBnB or similar in Amsterdam? Take heed!

AirBnB or similar in Amsterdam? Take heed!

Old Dec 25th, 2018, 12:42 PM
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,120
AirBnB or similar in Amsterdam? Take heed!


If you booked an AirBnB or similar in the last few months, you run the risk of it suddenly being cancelled.
menachem is online now  
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 01:30 PM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,838
Airbnb locations are UNESCO World Heritage sites? I don't understand, Menachem.
nukesafe is offline  
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 01:44 PM
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,120
Originally Posted by nukesafe View Post
Airbnb locations are UNESCO World Heritage sites? I don't understand, Menachem.
The entire centre of Amsterdam has Unesco World Heritage status.
menachem is online now  
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 02:07 PM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,734
I agree the tweet is a bit weird. I think what it is saying, is they lost their lodging which was inside the UNESCO area. Could be wrong though.
rialtogrl is offline  
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 03:25 PM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 78,322
Well good for Amsterdam and there are plenty of airbnbs outside the zone I would suspect and those may be more interesting real neighborhoods to stay in.

What do we mean by the 'entire center'? How far does it go out - again assuming there could be airbnbs outside the zone. Or is the entire city of Amsterdam - please what does center of the city mean?
PalenQ is offline  
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 09:20 PM
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,120
Originally Posted by rialtogrl View Post
I agree the tweet is a bit weird. I think what it is saying, is they lost their lodging which was inside the UNESCO area. Could be wrong though.

The entire centre of Amsterdam has Unesco world heritage status. So that nice AirBnB in the Jordaan? May have been delisted.
menachem is online now  
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 09:23 PM
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,120
Originally Posted by PalenQ View Post
Well good for Amsterdam and there are plenty of airbnbs outside the zone I would suspect and those may be more interesting real neighborhoods to stay in.

What do we mean by the 'entire center'? How far does it go out - again assuming there could be airbnbs outside the zone. Or is the entire city of Amsterdam - please what does center of the city mean?
In areas like De Pijp and Kinkerbuurt there are bans on AirBnB etc. in the offing as well.

https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1349/

ie the entire area within Singelgracht.
menachem is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
CrossfitGal
Europe
9
Aug 8th, 2019 10:37 PM
Gallivanter
Europe
31
Feb 10th, 2019 12:07 AM
camileaos
Europe
5
May 15th, 2018 06:18 AM
TPAYT
Europe
4
Jan 5th, 2015 01:00 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO