Reload this Page >

Problems with venere.it

Search

Problems with venere.it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Windy

Problems with venere.it

Has anyone ever had any problems booking with venere.it? <BR><BR>Lost reservations, wrong price, etc.?

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:52 PM
ann

I used it to book several hotels in Italy this past July with no problems. The hotels always had the reservations (I did email the hotels directly to confirm a few weeks before I went since I had originally booked many months in advance). The rooms were always as good or better than I had anticipated, the price what I had booked, etc. I would most definitly use them again.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Walter

Have also used them with no problems. I saved this post from the Frommers Message Board ~1yr ago.Regards, Walter<BR>[snipped post] "I just want to comment on Venere as I am a hotel owner listed with the service. Venere takes cc info to gurantee the room only. It does not charge a deposit or require a prepayment of any kind. That is left up to the indiviual hotel's policy. We pay to belong to this service and pay a commission as well to them (usually 10% or more) on the total rate of every reservation. Because of this rates are sometimes (but not always) higher on the page than if you contacted the hotel directly. Many hotels (like us) choose to eat the commission to keep rates low. Some hotels will block availability if too many reservations are coming from this service--again because of the commission. If a hotel is showing no availability, try calling them directly. They probably have rooms available. Venere has recently removed email address and phone/fax numbers from each page so that guests cannot contact the hotels directly. Follow the links around the site to find the page for each city with phone numbers only, if you would like to call. Prices subject to change: hotels rates in Italy are allowed to be adjusted one time per year--January 1--only. Unless the hotel has been remodeled in part or whole during the first part of the year. In that case they are allowed to adjust again on June 1. Any hotel that tells you that they have increased their rates prior to one of those 2 dates is ripping you off. If you reserved a room for LIT. 150.000 per night in Feb. and you arrive in May to find that the room is now more, that's illegal. Make sure that the price that you pay for a room is equal to or less than the rates listed on the back of your hotel room door. The service is great and we have never had problems with them on our end. I recommend them to all as a safe and reliable company to use".<BR>

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 03:04 PM
JOdy

I, too , have used them many times with absolutely no problems. The rooms were better than expected and the prices I got were better than calling hotels directly

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Mariarosa

I asked this question last year before booking 2 hotels through Venere. I did not receive any negative feedback. I contacted the hotels directly and the rate they quoted me was higher than going though Venere. So I booked through Venere and did not have any problems. One of the hotels even honored the exact room number that I requested. My recommendation is to contact the hotels directly and then make a decision.