problems with German rail site

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the German rail site repeatedly to plan my trips in Europe but the past few days there seems to be an odd gap/glithch in their schedules. When I enter June dates I get very odd messages about the schedule from Paris to the south of France and on to Barcelona. The site tells me there is no service - like from Paris to Collioure/Carcassone/ or even to Barcelona. Has anyone else encountered this? I am currently planning a trip from Paris to Collioure and then to Barcelona - surely we will be able to train along this route! The schedule is working for other destinations, like Paris to Amsterdam - it just seems to be in the south of France that the routes seem to have disappeared!
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:57 AM

Summer schedules to certain spots are often different from winter schedules (just as in winter, schedules are changed to accommodate more pax wanting to go to ski areas, etc.). especially on premium train services (like the TGV). And the summer schedules for your destinations may not have been finalized yet.
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 10:02 AM

I think Btilke is probably right. I noted this on another thread where some websites won't like French rail schedules as they change around June 1st.

Anywhere the train goes, you can go, but there wouldn't be a direct train from Paris to those points, anyway. I don't know how the German railsite handles that. I prefer to use a country's own website for its trains as I think it's most accurate.
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 10:35 AM
ira

Hi Sue,

Why not rely on www.sncf.com for trains from Paris?

Old Jan 9th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Oh I use all the websites! but for general research I like the German one the best - I like the function of "earlier" and "later". Also I like how it can give a list of intermediate stops, don't think I've found that on the sncf site but again I don't use it as much. This is the first time I've encountered any glitches on the DB - I've planned quite a few trips using it and never been aware of not listing for seasonal changes but it could well be the case.
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM

If you are interested in the <b>night train</b> service Paris-barcelona, check on the www.elipsos.com website