private tour advice please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2019, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple who enjoy travelling at our own pace, we will be in Spain in September, and would like to visit Morocco for 10 or 14 days. We are keen to experience the mountains and the desert, as well as taking in some of the cites like Marrakesh.

We've been looking at itineraries put out by tour groups, however we prefer to travel privately. This posting is to ask for suggestions, or recommendations for a private tour operator. We had an English speaking driver in India a few years back - this way of travelling suited us as we could deviate a bit and suit ourselves. I have been looking at a few private tour company websites, and they offer help in putting together itineraries, and will make suggestions re accommodation. However I am hoping that this Forum can help with suggestions about trustworthy operators.

thanks for your help.

Old Jun 1st, 2019, 08:10 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Are you asking about guides in Morocco? If so, you should post on the Africa Forum.
Old Jun 2nd, 2019, 12:05 AM

I have been to Morocco 7 times. My husband and I spent 6 weeks there this past winter. We have never engaged a private tour operator. We book our own accommodations (riyads if it's for a short stay, an apartment if we're settling in for awhile) and do excursions with drivers recommended at our accommodations. It has worked beautifully for us. We have no interest in joining tours and want to be in control of where we go, how long we stay there, etc. We have found that riyad and apartment owners are entirely trustworthy when it comes to recommending drivers. It is less expensive than getting involved with a tour operator, and you have the property owner as a backup looking out for your interests to protect his/her reputation.
Old Jun 2nd, 2019, 12:34 AM

You correctly decided to use forums or articles for drawing up a route, it will be cheaper. I made a tour of Croatia and had a successful trip
Old Jun 2nd, 2019, 01:09 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>I made a tour of Croatia and had a successful trip<<. Which has what on earth to do with either Spain or Morocco??