Search

tour operators

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tour operators

I am researching a trip to Morocco for thanksgiving week. Can anyone suggest a tour operator I am having a hard time finding a package deal. I am looking for the basic sightseeing package with a one night tent stay and camel ride. any help is greatly appreciated
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 01:20 PM
wj1

Hi mwatson. I'm not sure if you're looking for a group or private tour. If you're looking for a private tour, you may want to check out Heritage Tours. They did a great job planning a trip that we were supposed to take in the spring with another couple. Unfortunately, we had to cancel and never made it to Morocco. However, they did a wonderful job and assisted in getting the insurance company to pay for our trip cancellation. All four of us were greatly pleased and look forward to working with them again. I had researched high and low for the right tour operator before settling on them. Heritage Tours received a glowing recommendation from Departures, a wonderful magazine for AMEX platinum cardholders. And I thought their prices were reasonable (we're not platinum cardholders). Our itinerary also included the one night tent stay. They have a web site www.heritagetoursonline.com and an 800 number. I'm jealous--I still want to take that trip. Good luck and have a wonderful time.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, I am looking for a group or private tour. I have contacted Heritage and they are sending me a brochure. I am glad that you had good things to day about them. I just want a reputable company that will show me the sights.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 12:45 PM
wj1

I hope it works out for you. And just to let you know, since someone recently posted a concern about it, I have no interest in the company and will not be receiving any discount, kickback etc. (They won't even know I recommended them since I haven't even been in touch with then since the spring.) I was just trying to help out a fellow Fodorite because I remember the difficulty I had in identifying a company I wanted to use. And I would use them again in a heartbeat (and I hope to). Good luck!
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 08:07 PM

Hi,
We were in Morocco last summer and had a fabulous time. We made all of our own plans. We had a guide meet us at the Casablanca airport. We drove to Fes by way of Meknes. He was our guide for the 2 days we were in Fes. We then rented a car and drove to Marrakech, which took all day. We felt we did not need a guide for Marrakech and we did just fine. Our guide's name is Hamid and he was great. He does all kinds of private tours as well as organized tours through an agency but we booked him independently. I got his name by another Fodorite and we were not disappointed. One must realize, however, that he is going to take you to the vendors where he gets a commission but we knew that and dealt with that fact although he did not stop me from shopping in other places. One MUST have a guide in Fes, the old city,getting lost is a definite.
His name is Hamid and his email address is:
[email protected]
Please mention my name (no, I don't get a kickback, LOL)
If he is available he is pretty much open to anything you would like to do.
He's very nice and his English is terrific.
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 11:45 AM

Hello - my husband and I are stopping over in Casablanca for 3 days en route to West Africa in November 2003. I've heard alot of "badmouthing" about Casablanca's touristy feel... is it foolish for us to even try to construct a trip to see other cities outside Casablanca? I want to make the most of the 3-day stay, but I don't want to be exhausted.. Sarabeth721, thanks for the tip. I have emailed Hamid, and we are working on some plans.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, I have also been in contact with Hamid. So now I have to decide exactly what I would like to do. Group tour? or private tour guide? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.