Private tour around morocco - advice please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2019, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple who enjoy travelling at our own pace, we will be in Spain in September, and would like to visit Morocco for 10 or 14 days. We are keen to experience the mountains and the desert, as well as taking in some of the cites like Marrakesh.

We've been looking at itineraries put out by tour groups, however we prefer to travel privately. This posting is to ask for suggestions, or recommendations for a private tour operator. We had an English speaking driver in India a few years back - this way of travelling suited us as we could deviate a bit and suit ourselves. I have been looking at a few private tour company websites, and they offer help in putting together itineraries, and will make suggestions re accommodation. However I am hoping that this Forum can help with suggestions about trustworthy operators.

thanks for your help.
Old Jun 4th, 2019, 02:24 AM

Hi, farhorizons,

I hope you are reading the trip reports here as it is very possible to find a driver and arrange your trip independently. There are others who have posted on this board who have also done so.

My trip report should give you lots of ideas!
Morocco, A Visual Journey

My husband and I traveled in the Spring of 2018 for a little over 2 weeks. I wanted to cover a lot of territory and worked with a small agency who provided a driver for me for those 2 weeks. It was a fabulous trip, especially because our driver, Salem, was wonderful and made it a very personal experience. Although I didn’t hire him directly, he does have his own agency, and I highly recommend him!
https://moroccan-family.com/

Old Jun 21st, 2019, 07:59 PM

I can recommend Desert Majesty very enthusiastically. We traveled with Mohammed for 5 days/4 nights from Fez to Marrakech in November 2019 and were very pleased with every aspect of this little tour. It's a very well organized small company out of Ouarzazate and the drivers are very well trained. I wrote about our experience in a trip report if you click on my name.