priceline for london

Search

priceline for london

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
priceline for london

Has anyone used Priceline to book 4 star hotels in London? What were the prices like and what hotels did you end up in?
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 06:57 PM

Marty, go to www.biddingfortravel.com and scroll way down past all the states where you'll see a section for Europe hotels. Click on England-London, and then click on London Hotel List. There you'll find a list of all the hotels that PL typically uses in London. Hit "back" and there'll be posts of recent successful bids, which will help you with your bid. Be sure to go to the hotel website to see their lowest room price. Study the bidding process thoroughly and bid away! Let us know what you get.
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip Betsy. I'll definitely check out biddingfortravel.
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 07:23 AM

Hi Martytravels,
My husband and I were in London in June (03) and used priceline for our hotel. We got the Marriott Maida Vale for $80.00/night. Yes, that's US dollars! The hotel was fantastic! It had airconditioning, which was greatly needed over there in June and the room was large (by American standards). Our bathroom was also a good size and we had a refrigerator in the room. The room was well cleaned everyday, and we stayed there for 10 nights. There's also an indoor swimming pool there, but we never had time to use it.

The only reason some might not care for this hotel is the location--it's in zone 2. This was not a problem for us; the nearest tube stop was a 5 minute walk, and the bus stop was just a quick walk across the street. Yes, it sometimes took a while to get to the tourist locations, but I think this could happen anytime you're depending on public transportation. London's tubes and buses are very overcrowded, so be prepared for that no matter where you stay. With that said, I still liked our hotel greatly and was very satisfied with it.
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 04:41 AM

I agree about the biddingfortravel suggestion - i use it - and priceline - all the time. I recently got the Thistle Charing Cross for $75 a night and have seen some other great buys on biddingfortravel. (5 * hotels in the low $100s - you can't even get a 3* for that using "conventioanl" means.)

enjoy!
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 05:16 AM

Marty, in addition to looking at biddingfortravel.com which, as Betsy said will give you a list of the hotels Priceline uses & will also list info on winning bids (they'll also help you construct a bid if you want), if you type London AND Priceline in the text search here, it will bring up some strings on this subject. I believe someone got the Mayfair Intercontinetal for $65 or $75/nite.

Other options to consider if you'd rather select your hotel are laterooms.com and lastminute.com (if you go this route, make sure to print out your confirmation & have it with you. I had a problem with a lastminute.com resrevation but because I had the confirmation with me they honored the rate.)