Prestige Tours - your recommendation

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:02 AM
amar

Prestige Tours - your recommendation

Hi:

I only have 1 day to spend in Scotland/Edinburgh. My family (of 4) will take a train into Edinburgh. Prestige tours (www.prestigetours.com) offers 3 or 4 1-day tours - Loch Ness and the Highlands, The castle trail (oban, highland glens), and Stirling Castle/Loch Lomand/Braveheart Country.

Which one would u recommend? I am interested in natural beauty, scenic views (though I still want to check out the Monster Ness!).

Thanks in advance

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Sheila

Not 3 (OK, but not the best); 1 if you prefer the sea to mountains and 2 if you prefer mountains to the sea.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 10:26 AM
amar

Sheila:

Thanks for your recommendation!

I have just realized that I might have 2 days to spend in Scotland...so, after the 1-day trip using Prestige tours (are they good? or would u suggest someone else?), where would you recommend we go (for the 2nd day) and where should I stay (family of 4) - I am looking for something cheap and nice! (I am actually making London as base for about 8 days- and I would rather not spend on accomodations too much as my timeshare in London is not flexible)..

Thanks!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Sheila

To Amar: I am sorry I can't help you with your questions but I was wondering where your timeshare is located and if it is through Interval or RCI. I would also be interested to know how you liked the location once you get back. We are considering one in London. How far in advance did you do your exchange? Sorry for all the questions. Hope you enjoy your trip. We loved London last year and are hoping to go back using our timeshare. Thanks

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Sheila

Amar, can you fill in some detail please.

You arrive by train Edinburgh? What time of day? Are you staying overnight before your tour. Are Prestige taking you back to Edinburgh? Would they drop you somewhere else? Do you need to get the train out of Scotland again? Does it need to be out of Edinburgh? How will you travel within Scotland? When are you coming?

Prestige get a very good name, but they are what Americans would call "high end"

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 03:16 PM
amar

Sheila:

Here are my responses...

I was planning to leave London Euston for Edinburgh by the 2340 train (on the 22nd June) arriving at Edinburgh at 717AM...the Loch Ness tour departs at 810 from the Scottish Sightseeing Center, 63 High street and returns at 2045 hrs...I was planning on taking the 2145 train from Edinburgh back to London...

Well, the departure to London does NOT have to be from Edinburgh (it could be from Inverness as well)...depending on where else we are going, we could take the train from there (assuming there are night connections to London)...we would like to take the night train as we don't want to waste the day in the train!! Thanks a ton!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 04:14 PM
amar

Sheila:

Here are my responses...

I was planning to leave London Euston for Edinburgh by the 2340 train (on the 22nd June) arriving at Edinburgh at 717AM...the Loch Ness tour departs at 810 from the Scottish Sightseeing Center, 63 High street and returns at 2045 hrs...I was planning on taking the 2145 train from Edinburgh back to London...

Well, the departure to London does NOT have to be from Edinburgh (it could be from Inverness as well)...depending on where else we are going, we could take the train from there (assuming there are night connections to London)...we would like to take the night train as we don't want to waste the day in the train!! Thanks a ton!