Prague - Where do Fodorites stay ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2018, 02:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are venturing to Prague for our first visit off 4 days/nights as part of a European itinerary and would be grateful for advice on hotel options.

As a walking city, we would like to be well located for a 4 or 5 star hotel experience.

Happy with either traditional or contemporary.

Our needs are predominantly a great king sized bed and memorable hotel breakfast.

We are happy to pay a little extra for great views.

Any help you are able to provide with our research would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old May 1st, 2018, 03:05 AM

I am in Prague several times a year but always stay in the Dejvicka area of the city ,usually the Hotel Dap or Hotel Art meda.I stayed in the 4 star Diplomat hotel at Dejvicka over New year and that is a good 4 star hotel with one of the best breakfast I have had in the city, nice views from the rooftop terrace if it is not being used for private functions.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:04 AM

Hotel Pariz is right in the center of old town and walkable to everything - it's my favorite. Beautiful rooms and views of Old Town. Aria Hotel is closer to the castle, which means gorgeous views of the whole city.

I've also heard the Hotel Savoy and the Four Seasons are also great for views.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:44 AM

I usually stay in the Josefov area. I have stayed at the Hotel Pariz and really like it a lot, very convenient location and confortable rooms. It isn't really right in the center of Old Town (Stare Mesto), it's on the edge, actually, the border, which I believe is Revolucni street and na Prikope which is where it is (fairly near Powder Gate). Those streets are the border between Old Town and New Town. The few hotels right on Old Town square would be about right in the middle of Old Town, or the Emblem. Malastrana or Lesser Town across the Bridge isn't Old Town, either.

I wouldn't really want to stay right in the iddle of Old Town, though, for noise reasons.

The Hotel Pariz doesn't really have "great views", I do think you need the savoy or Four Seasons for that. Although they have some suites on the top that have some views, if you want that. I don't eat breakfast so can't comment on the Pariz' breakfast, I know they have a restaurant and you pay for whatever you order (eggs or sausage, etc). You don't get some big hotel buffet, if that's what you mean. The bed was comfortable, I don't know if they have kings or not.

If breakfast is that important to you, maybe the Pariz won't work, it's just like any restaurant, nothing special.
Old May 1st, 2018, 01:58 PM

"As a walking city, we would like to be well located for a 4 or 5 star hotel experience. "

Unclegus hasn't offered you that. The area he stays is Prague 6, which is not central. The area you want to be in is Prague 1.

There's more than one option in Prague 1 among this lot. We stayed at The Bishop's House (actually Bishop's House II) a while ago and the 60m distance to the Charles Bridge was hard to beat.
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
I prefer to stay in the middle of town. Good hotel should have good windows to prevent noise.

I stayed at the Renassiance which is now a Hilton property, I believe, Across the street is a full service Marriott which is very nice.
Old May 1st, 2018, 11:55 PM

The question was where do Fodorite stay?, I answered that.
Actually Dejvicka is a great area to stay in and the Castle area is quite walkable to. trams and metro very quickly and cheaply get you into the city centre.Also easy reach from the airport, numerous great cafes,bars and restaurant that offer higher quality, lower prices and better service than the main tourist areas.On a saturday the best farmers market the city has to offer.Then you have the wonderful Letna and Stromovka parks or a short tram ride to Divoka Sarka park,Sparta and Dukla Prague football grounds and the best wee whisky bar anywhere in the Czech Republic.