May stay in Prague - hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife and I are planning first time Prague visit May 14-18/19. We're experienced travelers though not as spright as used to be. Would greatly appreciate recommendation for moderately priced hotel in or close to Old Town Square. Many thanks.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Not in Old Town but Mala Stara... I highly recommend Pension Dientzenhoffer. It is within easy walkign distance to Old Town. It is charming and in a great location.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much; will check it out
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 03:53 PM

http://www.a-prague.com/search-location-center

Check out the above link for ideas. I booked a place with that company/website last year. Very good.

I like the Hotel Grand/Hotel Praha in Old Town. For your dates of stay, the rates are a bit high, though. You can sometimes get a great deal there.

Old Jan 30th, 2006, 04:02 PM

It's nice to see someone still recommending the Pension Dientzenhoffer. We stayed there in '97 and thought it was a great find.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 05:13 PM

oops, I must have been bleary eyed when I wrote my post last night...the area in Prague is not "Mala Stara" but instead it is Mala Strana.
If you stay at Pension Dientzenhoffer the owner will arrange a car to pick you up at the airport and take you back, too. He'll also help with day trips and other entertainment bookings that you'd like. I did all of my concert tickets beforehand - but, it was still nice to have the option. They also have a really lovely breakfast spread and tiny little bar.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 05:24 PM

My husband and I stayed this past October at Hotel Kampa Garden which we booked through Astro Travel. It is a fairly basic place with a fabulous location on Kampa Island right under the Charles Bridge (an island in name only as it is connected by sidewalks and stairways.) Astro Travel also arranged for our airport pickup.

This was our second trip to Prague and I know you will love it. Do you want the Old Town Square Location for any particular reason? It is, of course, beautiful, but can be a bit hectic. We thought our Kampa island location was great---and an easy walk to everything including Old Town Square. Enjoy Prague.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Thank for the info and your interest. Why the Old Town location? It's just that we usually prefer in a travel location, being closest to the historical and cultural heritage of a place. But am more than willing to listen to anyone who knows Prague better than we.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

amp322,

You're right; the Grand/Praha is too rich for us, but the hotel website is great; it seems to list just about every hotel. Many thanks.