Suggestions for a hotel in Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in Prague for 3 nights this May and would appreciate any suggstions for a hotel. I think that I would prefer to stay in the Old Town section of the city. My budget for a room is anywhere from 90- 125 Euros. Some possibilities that I am considering are
The Hotel Rott, Cloister Inn, Hotel Metamorphis and the Iron Gate.
Any input on these or other suggestions will be much appreciated.Thanks again for all the wonderful input that I have received in the past in planning my trips.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 09:45 PM

The Iron Gate is 5* if I remember correctly while other are 4 (Don't remeber about Cloister but probably 4 too), so if it is within you budget, it could be better value than others. Location good, reviews on tripadvisor look great too. I read hotels in Prague are suffering, and offer lower rates than usual right now (that i noticed on varuois booking sites too).

Location-wise, all mentioned are in the "Old Town" (Stare Mesto) in Prague 1 area. Mala Strana on the castle side is also Prague 1 and it is also old town just called otherwise and as an area I prefer it slightly to the "Old Town" because it is central as well but has much less crowded feel, e.g. Kampa Park is a great place for a walk, away from the crowd.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 10:47 PM

We stayed at the Pariz. It was an impressive Art Nouveau experience and close to the interestingly-named Municipal Building, which is really a musical venue with three performance halls and five eating places (or was it five performance halls and three eating places?). It is very well located in the Old Town and especially handy to a tour of the Jewish Quarter, one of the highlights of Prague. By the way, the Pariz provides a buffet breakfast that is the most comprehensive and taste-worthy I've ever experienced. I have no idea what the hotel tarrif is nowadays, but we got a fairly substantial discount by paying online in advance directly to the hotel.
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 04:54 AM

Stayed at the Metamorphis last fall and really loved it -- would definitely stay there again. Great location, great buffet breakfast, large room.
However, that location in Old Town is close to a lot of bars & restaurants so noise late at night could be an issue if you're a light sleeper. Not sure if the other hotels you mention would be quieter or not.
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:03 AM

We stayed in an apartment with Prague Stay. It was full of charm, clean, excellent location and well priced! We were a party of 5, so our apartment would not suit you. But they have plenty of others to choose from. Their web site provides a lot of pictures and details. Enjoy your trip.